The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-13-2004
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default Seeking: 1987-93 Saleen Mustang coupe owners

I AM INTERESTED IN TALKING TO ANYONE THAT HAS A COUPE.I HAVE 88-477 AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS OF HOW IT CAME FROM SALEEN.POST A REPLY OR SEND ME AN EMAIL AT BCMARTIN@PAONLINE.COM.THANKS ! BRYAN
Old 04-18-2004
Saleen Forums Registrant

yes as a matter of fact there is one.
What do you want to know ?
I will try my best to help you.
reply here or send me an E mail to
fonz221@comcast.net

I have 88-508 Scarlet red coupe
Old 04-19-2004
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default COUPE QUESTION

DO YOU HAVE ANY ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER OR PAPER WORK.I DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL SPEAKERS IN THE CAR AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN TELL ME IF YOU HAVE SIX SPEAKERS AND HOW THEY ARE MOUNTED IN THE PACKAGE SHELF AND IF THEY USED THE FACTORY WIRING WITH DIFFERENT ENDS.DO YOU HAVE THE BLACK INSULATION BEHIND YOU SEAT WHICH IS VISABLE IN THE TRUNK?HOW DO YOU HOLD YOUR TRUNK LID UP?I REMEMBER ONE GUY USED CONVERTIBLE TRUNK SPRINGS. MY CAR IS A POLICE PACKAGE SO THE OTHER QUESTION YOU PROBABLY COULDN'T HELP ME ON. THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
BRYAN
Old 04-19-2004
Saleen Forums Registrant

I wish I had the Original window sticker.

Yes I have six speakers. well more if you count the sub..
the 2 in the dash are behind the cover plate ...screw located on the side of the plate ..need to open the door to see it .
I believe there are holes in the dash to mount the speaker ( under the cover) ...but its been a while since I've looked.
i am pretty sure Saleen add'd the kenwood stero so I dont think it's ford factory wiring.

yes I have the Black plastic on the rear seat visable from an open trunk..course you have to move the Sub to see it :D

My trunk lid stays up on its own. I am pretty sure the coupe and the vert springs interchange... but my are still original.

you never know who can help ya ...ask away ..

Jay
Old 04-19-2004
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default COUPE QUESTION

THANKS JAY,MY TRUNK WILL STAY UP ALSO IF I PUT IT UP THE WHOLE WAY.THE CONVERTIBLE HAD A SPRING HINGE MOUNTED INSIDE THAT CAN BE ADED TO ENABLE THE TRUNK TO POP OPEN WHEN YOU HIT YOUR BUTTON.I HAVE A PIONEER RADIO AND ASUME IT HAD THE PIONEER SPEAKERS.MY CAR ALSO HAD NONE POWER DOORS SO I THINK SALEEN JUST RAN A SPEAKER WIRE TO THE DOOR SPEAKER.THE BACK OF MY SEAT HAS MY CAR NUMBER WRITTEN ON IT IN MAGIC MARKER AND ALSO ANOTHER CAR NUMBER CROSSED OUT.MY BLACK PLASTIC INSULATION IS MISSING.THESE COUPES ARE VERY TIGHT AND HANDLE NICE.PLEASE SEND ME SOME EMAIL PHOTOS IF YOU CAN AND I WILL DO THE SAME.
BRYAN
Old 04-20-2004
SOEC Member

guys I'd love to see some pics of your cars...could you e-mail me some to the follwowing address:

terrydenton@yahoo.com

THANKS!!!!
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 04-20-2004
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Terry,Please send me an email so I can send you pictures.I tried and could make it happen.Thanks,Bryan
Old 04-22-2004
Saleen Forums Registrant

Well as far as I know the 88 came with a Kenwood system. I have seen them for sale at performanceautosport.com ..
My trunk is also hooked up to a solenoid. button in the glove compartment next to the one for the gas filler door.

Ok so I think you may have one of the cars that were built for the Oregon state police. they were deliverd to Damerow ford in Beaverton Oregon .. the the state canclled the order.. so they were shipped back to Saleen to be refitted for resale.. this little deal took the build sheet for the year (1988) from 12 to 24.. they have no power windows or power doors and I think all are white.

As far as I know the coupe is a rare breed indeed. 76 total for the fox body run from saleen .. And yes it handles like a dream.. hehehe..

Mine
1988 scarlet red coupe with Gold hi lights
I deleted the stripes when it was repainted ( saleen no longer carries the stripes ** Thanks Guys** /rude)
Tan Flo-fit interior with red piping (currently looking for this materail) due to gangsta lean seats
Hurst short throw shifter
3:55 rear gears
Gold mesh Enki's (replaced w/ 17x9 Chrome 95 cobra R's )
75mm C&L Mass air meter
Typhoon intake (polished upper & Lower)
Mac CAI
BBK Shorties
FMS Alum Drive line
MM strut tower brace.

*Comming soon*
Sport brakes drilled and slotted rotors
Bassani off road x pipe & cat back
65 mm T body
AFR 165 alum heads
lottsa polish.

Jay
Old 04-23-2004
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Jay's coupe is the nicest I've ever seen. The thing looks better now then when Saleen built it. I'm not a big fan of the Cobra R's, but on his car, sheish, they just look fabulous. You can see a picture of it below.

http://nwstangs.com/meets/04-17-2004...r/img_1338.jpg
Old 07-28-2004
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Buying a Saleen

Could anybody tell me where or how to locate an '88 to '93 Saleen. I have beento Vermont to look at one and the deal feel through so I'm still looking to purchase a Saleen that is farily stock. I'm located in central PA and can drive a reasonable distance to look at a car. If anybody has any info please post here or e-mail me at est_teach@yahoo.com
Old 07-28-2004
SOEC Member

goto performanceautosport.com, Mark has one for you or he cam get one.....
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 07-28-2004
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Thanks

Thanks to Saleen 1 for the info
Old 09-17-2004
Saleen Forums Registrant

Another Coupe reporting in Sir...

1990-094 Coupe Titanium/ Black 40K miles
Old 06-17-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Another coupe with 32K on it.

Here is the window sticker:

Check out my website for my Saleen budget rental car and more pics of the coupe.
http://www.mysaleens.com
Old 06-17-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Old 06-17-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Old 07-16-2005
Saleen Forums Participant

These coupes are beautiful cars guys, and the red and white ones shown here have obviously been well taken care of. One of the things I like about Saleens is that you don't see one on every corner, so I think these rare coupes are very cool. Thanks for shaing the pics. 8)
Old 08-21-2005
Account with Invalid Email

I'm the original owner of 910065 which is a white coupe, and I have all the original stickers, attachements, brochures, etc. What I don't have is a good picture of it right now, but it has 26K on the clock and has been garaged and / or covered it's entire life. She's very well preserved.

Saleen 91-0065
Old 09-14-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Guys the Coupes are getting harder and harder to find so more people will start tracking you down to see if you want to sell. This link http://www.corral.net/20anngt/top50.htm will show you that we're included in the top 100 rarest mustangs produced.

Contact Brad at http://www.bradbowling.com/ let him add your coupe to his inventory of rare cars. Who knows you might be in his next book.

This is a few quick pics of my coupe. Pics were signed by Steve Saleen. Don't let the back ground fool you, this is is my X's family lake house (summer/weekend get away)

Special thanks goes to Jim Dvorak jimd@soec(dot)org for helping me post pictures to the forum. ygm... I hope to see more Coupes posted in the near future.

I'm always available to talk and looking for other Saleen Coupes to buy. You can reach me by PM or Email. I'm on the Corral daily.

1990-0094 Notch
Steve Ballew
Old 09-14-2005

That is a NICE looking coupe. I am looking to add a coupe someday to my collection. I had a chance to purchase one of the SSP (Special Service Package) equipped '88 Saleen coupes a few years back but I was looking for a convertible at the time. Now I wish I had bought it.
Old 02-28-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by red88 coupe
Well as far as I know the 88 came with a Kenwood system. I have seen them for sale at performanceautosport.com ..
My trunk is also hooked up to a solenoid. button in the glove compartment next to the one for the gas filler door.

Ok so I think you may have one of the cars that were built for the Oregon state police. they were deliverd to Damerow ford in Beaverton Oregon .. the the state canclled the order.. so they were shipped back to Saleen to be refitted for resale.. this little deal took the build sheet for the year (1988) from 12 to 24.. they have no power windows or power doors and I think all are white.

As far as I know the coupe is a rare breed indeed. 76 total for the fox body run from saleen .. And yes it handles like a dream.. hehehe..

Mine
1988 scarlet red coupe with Gold hi lights
I deleted the stripes when it was repainted ( saleen no longer carries the stripes ** Thanks Guys** /rude)
Tan Flo-fit interior with red piping (currently looking for this materail) due to gangsta lean seats
Hurst short throw shifter
3:55 rear gears
Gold mesh Enki's (replaced w/ 17x9 Chrome 95 cobra R's )
75mm C&L Mass air meter
Typhoon intake (polished upper & Lower)
Mac CAI
BBK Shorties
FMS Alum Drive line
MM strut tower brace.

*Comming soon*
Sport brakes drilled and slotted rotors
Bassani off road x pipe & cat back
65 mm T body
AFR 165 alum heads
lottsa polish.

Jay
Do you have any pictures?

dirkpitt289@gmail.com

Thanks if you can
Old 10-28-2014
Administrator

93-0007, Electric Red.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2014
SOEC Member

My 91 Strawberry coupe
Old 06-14-2015
Administrator

88-0542 in ugly yellow.

Old 08-06-2015

Anyone with a coupe wanna trade?
Old 07-01-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

The '88 didn't come with a Kenwood. It actually came from Saleen with a pioneer head unit and EQ.

I was trying to upload a pic or my 88-604 all original with 16k miles to show you but not sure how lol.