The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-23-2010
Suspended Account

Default Does anyone know this car? - 06-0061 S281 Coupe

Hi all,

I was looking into purchasing this car in Canada and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. It supposedly from Texas originally and it's an 06 S281 SC w/ about 36k miles. Number 061...

If anyone has any info on this car I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Graffs

Old 08-23-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffs View Post
If anyone has any info on this car I'd really appreciate it!
Hello Graffs and Welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

I don't know anything about 06-0061, but here is what I can observe from the photos.

06-0061 appears as though it was produced as a S281 3-Valve. Since #61 features the stock Ford Mustang hood and Ford front braking. Factory S/C Saleens for 2006 are equipped with the vented hood and StopTech 14" brake upgrade.

The 5-spoke forged upgrade Saleen wheels were not offered until 2007. The rear deck spoiler is an S/C item and I believe I spy an Extreme front splitter connected to the bumper cover. #61 appears to have owner installed mesh inserts in the front bumper scoops as well.

Also, the SALEEN door script is an owner add on.

The car looks good in the photos. The upgrades are nice additions. What is the asking price range for this S281?
Old 08-24-2010
Suspended Account

Wow! Thanks for all that info Dave. It's much appreciated.

Asking price for this car is about $25k US. I think it's already a little high, and seeing as it's not an original SC car I now think that the price is way to high on it (considering the milage).

Any thoughts?
Old 08-24-2010
SOEC Member (Inactive)

BUY THIS CAR INSTEAD!!!

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=7896

2007 Extreme #42
Performance White
16,5XX miles

$40,000 OBO

Seller is a great guy and selling because his wife's medical expenses. Help a brother out...Buy this car!
Old 08-24-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffs View Post
Any thoughts?
Maybe $20,000-$23,000, if #61 has a clean history. The S/C install did cost a few.

Or as Mike suggested, purchase the white Extreme coupe linked above.
Old 09-17-2010

Hey I am the owner of 2006 0061 . and you guys are right on 100% of the changes . Supercharger was installed bt Saleen Dealer and you are right it cost some .
I bought the new rims because the 7 spoke were really bad shape . i like the way they look .Thanks
Old 11-06-2022
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 12 years later!

Hi im a new owner of saleen 2006 number 61 (06-0061) VIN 1ZVFT82H565113261

I would like to know who are the previous owners of this car, what are your improvements, what are the problems you had with the car. I saw that there was an accident in 2012 on the car but no damage report was registered. Thanks a lot !