The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008
Administrator

Default Saleen Twin-Screw Supercharger Oil Inspection

We've received a lot of questions by e-mail about the inspection and service of the twin-screw supercharger oil on late-model Saleens.

"The photo [below] shows the location of the fill plug on the supercharger," says Saleen engineer, Andrew Gardner. "The plug is removed, but the threaded hole is visible on the [center] side of the photo. Several components have been removed in this photograph to show the location, but it is straightforward to find. The oil should be replaced every 50,000 miles and it doesn't hurt to check more often. The plug is removed with an Allen wrench, and it can be done without removing any other components."

Billy Tally, Saleen's former chief officer of technology explained to us some time back that the 50,000-mile service interval is on the conservative side. The high-quality lubricant used from the factory doesn't need to be changed as often as engine oil, especially since there is no exposure to hydrocarbons or other contaminants. It's simply gears rotating, and the unit really doesn't get all that hot.

Many thanks to these gentleman for assisting us with this question, and owners should routinely inspect the oil level should something unforeseen happen -- better safe than sorry.
Attached Images

Last edited by Saleen Forums News; 04-21-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2008
Suspended Account

If you guys pm me with your personal email, I'll send you guys the maintenance manual for the series VI blower.
Jorge Lopez
Old 05-11-2008
Administrator

Thanks to Jorge, we now have a PDF download for the Series VI Supercharger Manual (see the link below).

Saleen owners with this supercharger should consider keeping this download handy for maintenance and diagnosis -- at least you can be better informed should you take the vehicle in the dealer for service.

Please keep in mind that there may be future updates as the series evolves and design matures.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SaleenSCMaintenanceManual-SeriesVIandTruck.pdf (454.4 KB, 1051 views)

Last edited by Saleen Forums News; 05-11-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums News View Post
Thanks to Jorge, we now have a PDF download for the Series VI Supercharger Manual (see the link below).

Saleen owners with this supercharger should consider keeping this download handy for maintenance and diagnosis -- at least you can be better informed should you take the vehicle in the dealer for service.

Please keep in mind that there may be future updates as the series evolves and design matures.
this information was very helpful, and as was stated its always good to know about these items especially when having to take your car to the local ford dealer and deal with mechanics that aren't saleen certified....such was my case and after reading through the file i found the other part of the system about the coolant and how the pump operates..SO i took a walk out into the garage, popped the hood, turned the key into the access mode walked around to the front of the car and opened the cap as described, and noted that the fluid was moving vigorously through the container, I ALSO noticed that the fluid had no color to it....hmmm...and also noticed that it was only about a third of the way full (please note that my local dealer along with an svt cert mech and the saleen team ,via phone and fax, had replaced the supercharger under warranty less than 1,000 mi ago)-so- i pulled out my handy dandy coolant gauge and sucked up some of the fluid, turns out it would not even float the gauge needle and was very clear....so i tasted it and no flavor... straight water would be my guess at this point!!!!!
THX to you guys it was drained and refilled with a 50/50 mix as per the bulliten, if i would not have read this i probably would never been able to stop a potential prob

THANK YOU JORGE AND THE SALEEN ADMIN FORUM
MIKE
Old 05-12-2008
Suspended Account

I'm glad I could help. Even though I no longer work for Saleen, I do love the car and will help out when I can with whatever information I have.

Jorge
Old 11-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgsxr View Post
If you guys pm me with your personal email, I'll send you guys the maintenance manual for the series VI blower.
Jorge Lopez
Would love a copy! New to the fourm and Saleen ownership. E Mail is : stevev@co.san-juan.wa.us
Old 11-08-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevev View Post
Would love a copy! New to the fourm and Saleen ownership. E Mail is : stevev@co.san-juan.wa.us
Welcome, Stevev!

The document is posted on this thread for your convenience...

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3343

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-12-2009
Suspended Account

Thanks Jorge for your info, Have a question just bought 2 gt project cars a 2006 gt 30kmi converting to saleen and a 05 gt with supercharger that I will use some of the 06 parts to fix and resell. Want to take supercharger off of 05 and swap to 06. I am concerned the 2005 w/ sc arrived today runs strong but making noise like a bad water pump bearing type noise, cant tell if is in supercharger or not but sure sounds like it. Any input would be much appreciated, Thanks again James Sweett jasweett@hotmail.com
Old 05-12-2009
Suspended Account

First of all, Saleen superchargers aren't known for being the quietest ones out there. They are known for some bearing noise. Your best bet is to take off the belt and turn all the pullies by hand. Could be an idler, tensioner and so on. Also, you will need to reflash the PCM for both cars. You cannot just swap computers. The 05 will have to go back to stock and the 06 will need the s/c tune. Also, try to find out what kit is on the car. Is it a 435,475,550 ? You will need to know this to properly tune the vehicle.
Old 05-12-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgsxr View Post
First of all, Saleen superchargers aren't known for being the quietest ones out there. They are known for some bearing noise. Your best bet is to take off the belt and turn all the pullies by hand. Could be an idler, tensioner and so on. Also, you will need to reflash the PCM for both cars. You cannot just swap computers. The 05 will have to go back to stock and the 06 will need the s/c tune. Also, try to find out what kit is on the car. Is it a 435,475,550 ? You will need to know this to properly tune the vehicle.
what a nice guy helping out...you talk like you know what you are doing. lol

hope all is well bud
Old 05-12-2009
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS MIKE View Post
what a nice guy helping out...you talk like you know what you are doing. lol

hope all is well bud

Well...I've dabbled in Saleens a couple of times LOL

How are you Mike ?
call me sometime
Closed Thread