The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-27-2022
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Stern Face 2 Dimensions

Hello,
I recently purchased a set of Stern Face 2 wheels. I know that the width and offset are not correct for a fox body Mustang (I also know that the hub bore is wrong, but I found a shop that can bore them to the correct 70mm). Since I am going to get the faces refinished, I’d like to buy new lips and barrels to make them the correct width and offset. Does anyone know what the correct lip size and barrel size are?

I know the goal is to have the fronts be 17x8 with a 24mm offset, and the rears should be 17x9 with a 39mm offset.

Can anyone measure what they have and help me out? Thank you in advance!
Old 06-28-2022
Administrator

There were different hub thicknesses with the cast centers.

The front wheels used a thick cast hub (this is why the lug nuts disappear on the fronts) and the rears used a thin cast hub.
Old 10-31-2023
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hello everyone, just an update on this thread. I was able to figure out what size lips and barrels to order to get the correct size for a set of stern face 2 wheels. Thought i would post the info so that it can help others.

For the front:
17x8 with a +24mm offset you need to get a 6.5” Barrel and a 1.5” lip AND you need a 1/2” spacer.

For the rear:
17x9 with a +39mm offset you need to get a 7” Barrel with a 2” Lip.

Hope it helps!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9023.jpg  

IMG_0012.jpg