The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1994-1998 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1994-1998 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-12-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Front Sway bar bushing size? - 1996-98 S281

Sorry fellas , I'm sure this has been asked before but I just purchased a 97 s281 and the sway bar bushings need to be replace. What size are they? And any recommendations on replacement bushings? Thanx in advance.
Joe
Old 01-13-2021
Administrator

This may help:

https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=19510
Old 01-13-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I previously responded but somehow it disappeared

We are your local Saleen Speedlab shop. Our suggestion would be to grab a $20 set of calipers and measure so you get the right bushing. At this point that swaybar could have been changed. Having a set of calipers is always a good tool to have. If you want, you could swing by and we could measure it for you, it takes only a minute.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 01-13-2021

Thanx for the info, will be calling in the AM
Old 02-09-2021

Default sway bar bushing

There are 2 bushings and also an end link kit. The sway bar main bushings are 35MM. You can browse the maximum motorsport site for the bushings and the end link kit part numbers (black). Look for the lowered car end link kit. Then if you take those part numbers and do a search for them on summit racing you can source some red ones also from prothane. Ok good luck.
Old 02-10-2021

I installed the 35 mm bushing as well as the end links I got straight from Saleen. I aligned it but the shop mentioned that the camber was way off. I thought maybe because they don't have Saleen s specs . My question is are caster camber plates really needed, they didn't come with them from the factory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStallion View Post
There are 2 bushings and also an end link kit. The sway bar main bushings are 35MM. You can browse the maximum motorsport site for the bushings and the end link kit part numbers (black). Look for the lowered car end link kit. Then if you take those part numbers and do a search for them on summit racing you can source some red ones also from prothane. Ok good luck.
Old 02-10-2021

Default alignment

Yes, when the car is lowered, the alignment, I can't remember which tow or camber or caster, but this will always be a degree or so maybe 2 out of perfect without camber plates. This amount won't have too much effect on your tires and driving. To get it perfect you need castor camber plates. Are they absolutely necessary for a street car grocery getter, no. But are nice to have. I have never had any on my ride and all my tires wear evenly and my car drives straight at all speeds. Oh one thing to keep in mind your front steering bushings a-arm bushings ball joints tie-rods all can have wear which can effect alignment or the ability to stay aligned and keep the car moving straight. Long story short...naw you dont need them spend the money on bushings. These cars are getting old.