The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-14-2009
Suspended Account

Default Short video clip.

Alright well this was more or less just a test of a prototype camera crane i built. Which in turn is a terrible one. LOL well at least for a moving vehicle. But it was a fun little project and we had a fun time filming it.

Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

Neat video! I see that you have one of the 2003s with charcoal Saleen seating and a non-charcoal Ford interior trim. Those are interesting.

(P.S. You have a typo in Saleen.)
Old 09-15-2009
Suspended Account

Thanks! LOL I cant beleive i misspelled it. LOL

Is there something odd about having the charcoal seats and the non charcoal interior? I kinda wished it had the charcoal interior.
Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrox View Post
Is there something odd about having the charcoal seats and the non charcoal interior? I kinda wished it had the charcoal interior.
Not really. Just reminds me of the 1990-93 Fox Saleens that tend to have the same trait.

In 2003 I don't believe Saleen offered anything besides the solid charcoal Saleen seating... so regardless of the Ford interior plastic hues... charcoal seats.

The one that caught my attention was back in 2003 or early 2004. It was a new 2003 True Blue S281 convertible, with a tan Ford interior and charcoal Saleen seating.

The seats look fine in your car.

The 2004 charcoal Saleen seating features a light colored insert that might go well with your light Ford interior. In 2004 Saleen did a two-tone tan seat as well. I have yet to see a mis-matched 2004.
Old 09-15-2009
Suspended Account

Oh i see! So its just kinda a weird color combination. Especially with the True Blue huh? Im not sure a two tone would look very good in mine. Perhaps.
Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrox View Post
Oh i see! So its just kinda a weird color combination. Especially with the True Blue huh?
If you look at the 2001-02 True Blue Saleens, they seem to have the light interior. Or at least ones I see. Not a big deal since they kept the OE seating and everything matches.

The mismatched 2003s are a curiosity. Not sure if they're rare or common, just interesting that the seats don't match.

Something the 1990-93 Fox cars had in numbers, S351s / Recaro cars, and some newer S197 Saleens.

Short answer. Yes... weird or interesting to dorks like me.
Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

Very cool video -- thank you for sharing!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC: