The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-16-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Scenic Roof option

Does anybody have pricing on having a Scenic roof installed?
How about some ups and downs? I was just at ATCO and saw the new 25th car with that roof, can't seem to get it out of my head. What do you guys think?
Old 08-16-2008
Administrator

If no one answers with a general price quote... contact Saleen Inc, maybe parts. For the install your car will have to go to Troy MI. Which could also help you decide if you want the S/C install as well.

The CDC roof is a different design, but can be install locally.

SMS/Techco has a glass top as well... so if you're adventurous... a trip to CA for the install.

Jim can be more help... he lives this stuff.

Great seeing the H281 01 in Atco! Did you return the SALEEN emblems to the trunk lid? I wanted to ask... but got distracted.
Old 08-17-2008
SOEC Member

Have you seen this SKYVu Power Sliding Roof?

http://www.saleen.com/pressroom/docs/InfiniVu_s281.jpg

2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384
1989 Saleen Hatchback #302
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350

Last edited by tonylop33; 08-17-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2008
Administrator

You have to dig, but we've got the SkyView story here... http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3233, but I do not recall ever seeing pricing.

The fixed-glass roof, known as the Scenic Roof, was about $4,000 a year or so ago, but that was a new-car option out of Irvine, and I don't know if the price has changed. I'd probably start by calling Saleen at 800-888-8945, but my understanding is that it's still considered a factory install piece so you'd probably have to send it to Troy.

One owner I talked to recently thought the sun was a little overbearing in his Scenic Roof car, and he wished he had some sort of shade that could roll-up to cut the sun a bit, which I think the CDC roof has. He'll probably have it tinted.

Steve and Molly both have the Scenic Roof option in their Saleen Mustangs, and both really like them -- the constant sun not being considered a problem, since you're rarely driving in a straight line for a long time and in the same direction as the sun.

Techco in California could probably give you a ballpark price as well, assuming they offer their version. Call Sean Saleen at 714-408-9550.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-17-2008
Account with Invalid Email

ford has it listed on there site for 09 and under 2 thousand but thats to order it with your new mustang

last time I asked, I was referred to Carlos at saleen speedlabs dept, an he would set it all up for you , deposit, etc an have car deliverd to troy plant for install 3999

as much as id love to have it installd, Id prob just wait till i get a new saleen ( that is if i ever buy one again) and just have it done then
I totally love the look
Old 08-17-2008

I think I will make the call on Monday. I am amazed that is an option for $2000 for 09. That seems like a great deal.
It was nice to head out to ATCO last week, nice to put a face to the names on here. I was a little hot for my 7 year old on sat, he wanted to bug out early. Did you guys got clobbered with the rain in Sunday?
Old 08-17-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by H281#1 View Post
I think I will make the call on Monday. I am amazed that is an option for $2000 for 09. That seems like a great deal.
It was nice to head out to ATCO last week, nice to put a face to the names on here. I was a little hot for my 7 year old on sat, he wanted to bug out early. Did you guys got clobbered with the rain in Sunday?
That is ONLY a option for $2000 if you buy it with the car... if it is installed AFTER the car it's going to be about $3000 or about $4000 for the Saleen version. I have the CDC version on my car and LOVE it. I think the Saleen version looks better though IMO

88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
521 Charcot Ave Suite #199
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 08-17-2008
Administrator

I think the Ford glasstop has a sun shade.

The Ford version is flush mounted, but looks to be three pieces. Not sure if the Ford one can be retrofitted.

Find a Saleen Dealer with some pull... and maybe someone can order their own uniquely equipped knockdown chassis for Saleen conversion.

(Like that one guy did when he wanted the Dark IUP dash and the Saleen knockdown units only feature the Bright.)

(Or however those S197 S281s with tan and/or dove colored Ford interior plastics and carpet with charcoal Saleen seats were built.)
Old 08-18-2008

WOW!!!!!
I was quoted $5000 today to have the scenic roof installed.
That seems strong to me! i think i will pass.
Old 08-18-2008
SOEC Member

Wow. I can't see paying that much. I guess it is an option better selected when ordering the car new.
2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384
1989 Saleen Hatchback #302
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350
Old 08-18-2008
Administrator

That's a bummer. Back to the SuperShaker?
Old 08-19-2008

Dropped car off today to have a CDC Glass/back
roof installed. There is a new phase III version that looks awesome.
There is a shop in NJ that keeps them in stock.
I can pick it up on friday. I will keep you guys posted.
Again thanks for the help.
Old 08-19-2008
Administrator

Quote:
There is a new phase III version that looks awesome.
Cool beans pat! Feel free to share what the CDC phase III looks like when #01 returns.
Old 08-23-2008

Car is back. Roof looks awesome. Seems to match the H paint perfect. I think it matches even better with the black hood, louvers, trunk. Now the entire top is black. I will try to get some pictures together and post if anyone is interested in checking out the Glassback roof.
Old 08-23-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Car is back. Roof looks awesome. Seems to match the H paint perfect. I think it matches even better with the black hood, louvers, trunk. Now the entire top is black. I will try to get some pictures together and post if anyone is interested in checking out the Glassback roof.
Does this verison of the GlassBack not have the third brake light?

I was looking at the new issue of 5.0 Mustang, the CDC roof they installed on a new GT 500 for an article did not look like the original version. I don't think I saw a brake light in the roof or the step.

Great that you love it! I'd like to see pictures when you can.
Old 08-23-2008

thats the ONLY thing i dislike about the CDC that rear brake light

other than that the one i saw on a local car was really nice

definately post up pictures im sure it looks great
Old 08-24-2008

I am confused? My brakelight is on the rear of the trunk. Why would the roof change that?
Old 08-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
I am confused? My brakelight is on the rear of the trunk. Why would the roof change that?
If CDC changed the design, or if they offer another version...

The original CDC GlassBack kit placed a 3rd brake light in the rear roof edge. GlassBack Mustangs would have two brake lights... the OE one in the trunk and a new LED light in the rear roof trim. Two lights, unless the OE trunk light was covered with a CDC ducktail wing.

GlassBack have a small lip from the rear of the roof to the top of the rear window to integrate this LED light.

Though, the GT 500 in the new issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords looks to have a different CDC kit.
Old 08-24-2008

is the saleen version there OWN? and I wonder how saleens versions is SO smooth, and the CDC version has all the extra trim parts?
since there both aftermarket

hope that makes sense LOL
Old 08-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sallenX View Post
is the saleen version there OWN? and I wonder how saleens versions is SO smooth, and the CDC version has all the extra trim parts?
since there both aftermarket

hope that makes sense LOL
If memory serves...

Yes, the Scenic Roof is unique to Saleen.

The Saleen Scenic Roof removes the Mustangs roof skin, the CDC GlassBack cuts a hole in the roof and then the glass is placed on top.

That's how the Scenic Roof avoids the extra trim.
Old 08-24-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

The original CDC kit, like the one I have has a LONG LED brake light on the top... the new one does not. I like mine alot better than the new version.... I'll take some pics of it and let you guys see the difference.
88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
521 Charcot Ave Suite #199
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 08-28-2008
SOEC Member

The CDC version is manufactured by a company called Webasto. Check their website for dealers, and you'll get the best price. Personnally, I'm waiting for the ASC SkyVu. This is awesome. I saw it at the Open House a couple weeks ago, and at the Woodward Dream Cruise. Looks to be a cool option for those that want open-air, but w/o the sacrifice that comes with a vert...
Old 09-02-2008

I still have not had a chance to put up some pictures of the roof. I will try to get it on this week.
Tony, I just purchased a Bremspeed Stage 3 ( Vette killer) Saleen supercharger, I guy here local has one on an 07 Musang GT, and it is really putting down some numbers at the track (even on a so called Mild tune). 12.00's spinning like mad. Pulled off an 11.64 with a set of slicks. His car is an automatic with an exhaust system, thats it.
I am looking foward to some Boost soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008
SOEC Member

I had the Scenic Roof installed on my PJ (the only one ) and I LOVE it. Never leave home without shades...

The CDC is a nice alternative, though as previously stated a little less "finished" than the SR.

Here are some pics...

07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 11-12-2008
Administrator

Here's the new(er) version of the CDC Glassback roof on Pat's 2007 H281.

See more of Pat's H car here: http://saleenforums.soec.org/
Old 11-13-2008

so who do you contact/send the car to, to have the "saleen scenic" roof installd?
Old 11-13-2008

I had my roof done at Auto Sun Roof In NJ. I can get the number if you are local. It was only $2399 installed
Old 11-13-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sallenX View Post
so who do you contact/send the car to, to have the "saleen scenic" roof installd?
At Saleen. I can get you contact info if you would like.
07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List