The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-12-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Identifying S281 3-Valve

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a Saleen, I currently own a stock '06 Mustang GT and a Saleen might be an interesting upgrade. Can you guys possibly help me figure out of this is a legit Saleen:

https://www.americancars.nl/occasion...en/occ16575966

I do have to warn you, I'm Dutch and cars are ridiculously expensive in the Netherlands, so prices (including the asking price for this Saleen) are insane compared to the US.

Hopefully you guys can give me some more info on the car based on the pictures.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2021
Administrator

Saleen Mustang ID: 05-0477

Has Ford VIN: 55176883

Vehicle looks to be modified. The dash pod is for a Supercharged vehicle, but this one was born a 3-Valve and does not appear to have a supercharger installed.

Original Saleen options were: WHEEL & TIRE UPGRADE, HID LIGHTS

The hood, rear deck wing and side scoops are all modifications.
Old 10-12-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hi Dave,

Thank you! I figured it was modified, so if I understand correctly it is probably a genuine S281 3-Valve that has had some cosmetic modifications?
Old 11-24-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

I wish I could help you. I'm looking at a white one similar to this one myself on my side of the Atlantic. I hope to return to the Hengelo/Enschede area post-COVID when the Herring are in season! I still have fond memories of the Saturday market and those fresh Herring. Lots of good times in Enschede and Hengelo.
Old 11-24-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Hi Dave,

Thank you! I figured it was modified, so if I understand correctly it is probably a genuine S281 3-Valve that has had some cosmetic modifications?
There were some transition models that have some Supercharger car features on the S281-3V. The one I'm looking at has those features and they were traced back to the factory as factory options at the time of production.

To my eye, these models look really sharp and eye-catching.

The one in your post looks really close to the one I'm looking at with the only difference being the body color.
Old 11-29-2021
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpost View Post
There were some transition models that have some Supercharger car features on the S281-3V. The one I'm looking at has those features and they were traced back to the factory as factory options at the time of production.

To my eye, these models look really sharp and eye-catching.

The one in your post looks really close to the one I'm looking at with the only difference being the body color.
You're correct. In 2007, S281 3-valves (non-supercharged) came equipped with twin gauge pods including oil pressure and water temperature. There were additional options available as well including vented hood, HID headlamps, and quarter window deletes.

More info here: https://soec.org/datasheets/mustang/...1_brochure.pdf
Old 12-07-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 2007 Saleen N/A OEM Options

I just purchased a 2007 naturally aspirated Saleen.
I am (hopefully lol!) posting a picture here of the Window Sticker showing the optional Saleen installed equipment. Nothing was 'modified' after delivery. It sounds as though the one you are looking at may be of the same build.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211126-162210_Chrome.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	25602
Old 12-07-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

You can also view the entire brochure for any year/trim Saleen by clicking on the "Literature" tab at the top of this page. I think you will find all of the answers that you are looking for. If you are serious about verifying this specific car's authenticity you can inquire at the address/phone # of "Team Saleen" @: 2735 Wardlow Road, Corona California, 92882. Phone#:714-400-2121.
Old 12-07-2021
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford4drduelly View Post
I just purchased a 2007 naturally aspirated Saleen.
I am (hopefully lol!) posting a picture here of the Window Sticker showing the optional Saleen installed equipment. Nothing was 'modified' after delivery. It sounds as though the one you are looking at may be of the same build.Attachment 25602
I agree Leah! I'm the seller :)

Hope you enjoy it in good health!