The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-02-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default What Is A Real Saleen Extrude Honed Upper & Lower Intake Worth

I am thinking about selling my original intake off my 90 Saleen. It is Extrude Honed and Port Matched. Also has original Intake Plate. All is in great condition. Please let me know what you think is a fair price.

Old 01-03-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Which intake plate are you going to sell with the intake, the orignal or the one you have pictured? Do you have the paper work on the extrude honing?
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenster View Post
Which intake plate are you going to sell with the intake, the orignal or the one you have pictured? Do you have the paper work on the extrude honing?
I am assuming this is the original considering I am the second owner of the car and it was 100% stock when I purchased it with 20k miles. What indicates that it is not?
Old 01-03-2012
SOEC Member

The crome plates were only used by Saleen on explorers and sold as a catolgue item. The intake is a stock 5.0 mustang intake with a Saleen plate. Honing looks like a nice job. Chrome plate is rare and pulls upwards of 200$ alone on the bay. FYI.
Scott
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 vert View Post
The crome plates were only used by Saleen on explorers and sold as a catolgue item. The intake is a stock 5.0 mustang intake with a Saleen plate. Honing looks like a nice job. Chrome plate is rare and pulls upwards of 200$ alone on the bay. FYI.
Scott
Thanks for the reply Scott. The plate is not chrome though just a polished aluminum. Any other input would be great.
Old 01-03-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Do you have the paper work on the extrude hone? that aluminum plates on Ebay I have seen sell from 50-80 bucks, FYI...so I am assuming you dont have the original intake plate?

If you have paper work on the hone, and you include that plate, i would venture to say its worth $250~$350. Probably more to some and less to others, but when you can buy a stock one unported for less then a $100 bucks, this would be my guess. Paperwork on extrude hone would be important however. Your looking to sell it I take it?
Old 01-04-2012
SOEC Member

Intake not worth a lot stock as stated but honed may be worth more. That polished plate brings bucks on the bay. 250 would be my guess on the whole shebang, maybe a little more.
Old 01-04-2012
SOEC Member

I'll agree with those already posting here. That intake without the Saleen plate is just a stock intake that has been extrude honed. Stock 5.0 intakes don't bring much money (read free in my local area). They're worth more in recycled aluminum here. You'd probably net more separating the two. Supply and demand will get you on the plate. Sometimes they sell for less than $100 and sometimes they can sell for up to $300.
SA10 #4 Chassis
www.puristmotorsports.com
Old 01-12-2012
SOEC Member

What about an intake like this?

I've been told its a saleen/vortech, its came on my 93 coupe. I've seen another intake like it but it said saleen on it.

Old 01-12-2012
SOEC Member

Same one as a Saleen! Nice intake with great flow. Worth more w Saleen name but still the same great performance. Nice find.