The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 12-09-2005
Administrator

Default New Website Features Wish List

Just tossing this idea out there...

What would you guys like to see added to this website, and how would that make you visit more often?

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 01-24-2006
Administrator

Greetings...

I posted this on here a while ago, but we haven't received any public replies, so here's a "bump."

It seems that production numbers -- at least recent ones -- are of interest. And for 2005, we got those to you the day they were completed by Team Saleen.

Our forums have been getting more activity, and we sure are glad to see that. What most of you may not realize is that our goal is to have a "family safe" environment here... if that's important to you, please keep that in mind, as you won't find that elsewhere.

We've also been trying harder to keep you in the loop on events by posting announcements here... unless you've given SOEC your e-mail address when you signed-up, you may be in the group of snail-mail recipients of announcements and you'll probably find out about events much later (if at all) than if we had your e-mail.

We strive to keep confidentiality preserved, but we really need your e-mail to communicate more effectively.

So again, what features that we currently do not have keep you coming back to this website?

Please PM me or reply here.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-01-2006
Saleen Forums Participant

Hi
well as a new member to the site, I also love to go to car shows and talk about our rides. lets face it anyone here who purchased a saleen are extremely a rare breed. being that we love to be different than the average mustang owner or truck owner and are willing to spend alot of money to be different. I live in new york city and would love to meet up with some of my fellow saleen peeps...
Old 02-23-2007
Account with Invalid Email

definately would like to see some sort of color breakdown totals
owner/area/car info etc
Old 05-16-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

HOW ABOUT AN ANNIVERSARY OR BIRTHDATE AREA FOR EITHER WHEN WE PURCHASED OUR SALEENS OR JOINED THE SEOC. IT COULD BE A LINK AT THE TOP AND EACH MEMBER'S NAME WOULD APPEAR ON THE CALENDER DAY DURING THE MONTH.....SINCE THE CALENDAR IS NOT BEING USED MUCH ANYWAYS FOR ANYTHING ELSE.

MIKE
Old 05-31-2008
SOEC Member

I like the idea of a birthday relating to the date of purchase. Something different. Who wants to be reminded every year they are a little older? I would rather be reminded of the day I bought my Saleen!
Old 06-06-2008
Administrator

All good ideas.

Though we can't provide color breakdowns, the other ones we will work on -- keep the ideas coming!
Old 06-09-2008
SOEC Member

Default Possibly a Featured Saleen of the Week...?

May be a little interest from having a featured Saleen with pictures and details about the owner might add interest, but it might involve a lot of changes to the site.

Another thing that might spark for traffic would be increasing pictures and videos on the site ?????
REDFIRE 2005 #880
Old 06-09-2008
Administrator

First off, allot of great ideas in this thread... keep the brainstorm session going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 Saleen View Post
May be a little interest from having a featured Saleen with pictures and details about the owner might add interest, but it might involve a lot of changes to the site.

Another thing that might spark for traffic would be increasing pictures and videos on the site ?????
One of the past internal conversions dealt with how can the SOEC Website and Saleen Alley publication function together. It becomes what content goes where.

The current method says vehicle features, show info and such is newsletter material. Most of the historic stuff hits The Website.

The forum is set to change in a few months and the website will be altered after the magazine archives are done. Maybe a minor alteration or maybe major… not sure yet.

Most everything now… is falling into “time.” The big hurtle is the magazines, once those are done… different things will be hitting the site… even some original material.
Old 06-13-2008
Administrator

We just increased the amount of image attachment storage for SOEC Members to 10 MB.

Remember, if you're a SOEC Member, please PM us or send us an e-mail with your real name and your forum handle so we can match identities and get your member benefits activated.
Old 07-04-2008
SOEC Member

As a new Saleen owner (still awaiting delivery), I would like to see an area to post a list of Saleen certified technicians in our respective living areas. Or an area to "weed" out the dealerships that are less than qualified to properly perform repairs.

'Coot
Old 07-04-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecoot View Post
As a new Saleen owner (still awaiting delivery), I would like to see an area to post a list of Saleen certified technicians in our respective living areas. Or an area to "weed" out the dealerships that are less than qualified to properly perform repairs.

'Coot
Cool idea!
Old 07-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Cool idea!
EASY, do the short list, as many of them are not qualified and have lost most of their techs that were. If you find one stay with em and share as much of the info you know and learn as they are usually in the same boat.
Old 08-02-2008
Suspended Account

Default Houston area

Mac Haik Ford (I-10 @ Gessner) took care of some warranty work. Replaced with new parts, no mystery 'road test' miles and didn't oversell extras.

Russell & Smith Ford (610 Loop South) is listed as a Saleen shop, but i don't have first-hand experience yet.

Freeway Ford (59/SW Frwy @ Hillcroft) is the official sponsor of the official MCA affiliate club.

PSI Motorsports in Webster (SE of Hou.) is reputed as being a good Saleen installer/tuner. Again, nothing first hand yet.

===================================

Brenspeed in Indiana is an authorized Saleen Speedlab; so is JDM Engineering in NJ. I've had a positive experience first-hand with Brenspeed. Nothing to-date with JDM, but I've read many satisfied remarks.
Old 09-22-2008
Administrator

Bump. We still like the your thoughts .
Old 09-23-2008
SOEC Member

Anyone in the Austin area that needs service work of the non-Saleen variety, look up Covert Ford in Hutto, TX. They replaced my Shaker stereo yesterday, took extra care and did an absolutely GREAT job.

I honestly felt like they wanted to help instead of feeling like a pain in the a$$ to them. It's nice to know that there are still dealerships I can go to where I'm not worrying every minute that some wrench jock will screw something up while "fixing" the initial problem.

Now all I need to do is get them to become a Saleen dealer .
Old 10-16-2008
Administrator

New features enabled for Registered Users:
Can edit their own posts (e.g., correct spelling, fix an attachment, or correct a link to a photo or website).

New features enabled for both Registered Users and SOEC Members:
Can close (and subsequently re-open) threads they started.
Can move threads they started (e.g., if it was started in the wrong section).

Old 02-27-2014
Administrator

(Bump from 2008)

What new features and information will you like to see at soec.org?

Place you "wishlist" below.
Old 02-08-2015
Administrator

Since launching the new webpages @ SOEC.org in mid-May 2014, we have constantly doubled+ our monthly traffic to static pages starting with results from July 2014.

Static pages are averaging monthly traffic at a rate of 20,000+ visits. Daily average rate is 700+ visits.

Results exclude traffic to The Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org.
Old 02-08-2015
Administrator

The Saleen Forums averages 32,000-45,000+ monthly visits.
Old 02-08-2015

Merge the Roush site with this one... as a Roush owner, man it's d e a d on the other compared to this happy, informative place. I don't have anything in mind, but this site is happening!
Old 07-27-2019
Administrator

(Bump)

What new features and information will you like to see at soec.org?

Place you "wishlist" below.
Old 07-27-2019
SOEC Member

More people to participate here, vs FB........
Old 07-27-2019
SOEC Member

- I would like to see the forums more user-friendly to mobile devices. The website itself is user-friendly, just not the forums.

- Integration and migration of events to Google calendar. Or, someone show me how to do it

- Less poop!
Old 07-28-2019
Administrator

1: The current forum was activated around 2008 using vB. As you can figure, mobile was not much of a thing during the mid-2000s when vB was the forum standard.

The update issue is, vB 4 and 5 have less that perfect user reviews and some consider the later versions clunky and bloated. Yes, they are mobile, but in some implementations this is one of the few positives the later vB versions have.

The next consideration is cost. An update in our forum package could be a few hundred dollars to a grand depending how far out we go. Then we weigh whether a new package will increase traffic / user involvement over the duration or we just spending money to spend money.

We realize in the current landscape, the SOEC webforums are more of a "knowledge base" now than a social community. People access the vintage tech help and vehicle information from years past.

It is still a heavily accessed and visited property.

2: I don't know much or anything about Google calendars.

3: The world has less.