The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-06-2022
Saleen Forums Participant

Default What is the right car cover size for Saleen Foxes?

My previous car cover took about 2 years to degrade under the sun. Don't buy from this ebay listing which says Saleen mustang. I bought it and the car cover is too short. The sellers are probably extremely sloppy. I wrote them an email and they still didn't respond. They're so sloppy that they assumed the Saleen foxes and Gt's are the same size. The spoiler on the Saleen makes the car longer. Extremely disappointed. I'm surprised they sold a number of them and no complaints about not fitting?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183071725262

So what is the right size car cover for Saleen fox? I had the same issue last time I bought a car cover. The cover came too small and I had to ask for the next size up. The problem is that I've now forgotten the length size. Anyone have recommendations on the right car cover to get?
Old 11-22-2022
Saleen Forums Participant

I can only offer a review of calcarcover.com which are pricey but they have a pattern specific to the Saleen; wing, mirrors, ground effects, and all. They last a while and fit very nice on my '87. My first one took about 8+ years to degrade and I finally replaced it after about 10yrs I think? Maybe more. I've had my second for at least 5 but probably closer to 7yrs if I think about it, and it is doing fine. My car spends half the year in a garage and the other half under the carport so no direct sun exposure. You can get custom embroidery on the front ($) if desired, though not sure if anyone other than Jay Leno really needs this. They are pricey, but are built well and will last.
'87 #93 Mustang Conv
'05 #53 S-121