The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-02-2013
SOEC Member

Default Q: Panhard bar with stock exhaust?

I thought I saw a thread around here asking this same question but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Anyone installed a panhard bar on their car with the stock exhaust? How much exhaust rerouting did you have to do?

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 05-04-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

i asked this question a while back but didnt get much feedback
2002 S281 SC #243
1986 saleen #174
2002 harley davidson SC f-150
2000 lincoln LS
1984 SVO mustang
1984 comp pep SVO mustang
Old 05-06-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I'm interested as well
Old 05-06-2013

As much as I tried, I couldn't get mine to fit. I ended up dumping it with turn downs right after the mufflers and then had the exhaust tips welded in place so the bumper didn't look wierd with empty holes.

The only guy I've heard that got it to all fit is a Saleen owner on another forum. When I asked him how he did it, he said he just got lucky and everything went smoothly and required no modding of anything.
Old 06-10-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default panhard bar on 1999 saleen s281

I don't know if anyone is still wondering bout this topic but I installed a Maximum Motorsports panhard bar on my Saleen.
After a few tries (3) I finally cut out about 18" out of the center of the upper support bar so it would clear the rear end sway bar and welded a 24" long replacement on the backside of the original bar (3" overlap on each end).
I also skivved(?) off a section of the down strut on the passengers side to clear the swaybar bend behind the axle and welded in a flat contoured plate.
I also had a muffler shop cut and reroute, as best they could, the exhaust to give as much room as possible.
All and all I have about 1/4" clearance now between pipes and the panhard bar.
Because the exhaust lengthens as they are heated you can do with less fwd/aft clearance on the rear of the bar.

The maker said to remove the shocks and springs so that you can check clearances easily. I didn't know why at the time but I can see that I would have only needed one try if I followed their advice.
Old 09-15-2015

Did it make it a night and day differece on the handling?