The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 11-03-2009
Administrator

Default Steve M. Saleen Announces Launch of SMS Superparts Business at SEMA Show 2009

Steve M. Saleen Announces Launch of SMS Superparts Business at SEMA Show 2009

Las Vegas, NV – SOEC/Saleen Forums News – November 3, 2009 -- Today, at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Steve M. Saleen, President and CEO of SMS Supercars, announces the formation of his nationwide sales, distribution and installation network SMS Superparts. On its own display area, SMS Superparts shows a virtually unmodified 2010 Ford Mustang with the new SMS 296 Supercharger under the hood, as well as a production version of the 2010 SMS 570X Challenger in Sour Grape Green. Centerpiece at the impressive display was the SMS 296 Supercharger. Says Saleen: “We are excited to launch our newest addition to the SMS Supercars family right here at SEMA, where it all happens.”

To have a strictly SMS Superparts display was a conscious choice on my part. I wanted to underline the importance of the aftermarket business, the passion of the enthusiasts and the true Steve Saleen fans. Right now, SMS Superparts is actively looking for installers around the country, who will be selling Mopar, Mustang and Camaro enthusiasts the SMS 296 Supercharger™ System and all other performance parts from SMS”. While the SMS 296 Supercharger™ System is standard on all SMS Signature Series Cars – the SMS 570 and 570X Challengers and SMS 460 and 460X Mustangs have been launched so far – it can also be ordered as an aftermarket performance solution through SMS Superparts.

Says the Head of SMS Superparts, Jon Clark: “SMS Superparts is your one-stop-shop for all your performance needs, starting with the awesome, patented SMS 296 Supercharger™ System, through the SMS S4 Suspension, wheel and tire packages, to aerodynamic body parts and our famous SMS Red Butterfly™ Induction hood. This way, every enthusiast out there with a 2008 or newer Dodge Challenger, a 2005 or newer Ford Mustang and – coming soon – a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro can personalize their car with genuine Steve Saleen designed and produced parts. Only SMS Superparts can rely on Steve’s 30 year experience in racing, development and retail.” SMS Superparts plans that its nationwide network of retailers and qualified installers in the major markets will become the point of contact for customers purchasing performance components from SMS Superparts and having them installed. SMS 296 Supercharger™ Systems installed by Steve Saleen-qualified retailers will come with the full factory warranty from SMS Supercars.

While Mr. Saleen expects the SMS Superparts top seller to be the SMS 296 Supercharger™ System, he envisages that most of his fans will not stop there; “I see people fitting our SMS 296 Supercharger™ System to an existing Mustang or Challenger and coming to us for more. We offer high-performance suspension and brake systems, aerodynamically efficient body parts and our patented butterfly hood – which looks and performs great, – as well as smaller components that make each car unique. And for those of you whose partner has one of those cars – Christmas is just around the corner, and you can find everything on our website http://www.smssuperparts.com/,” says Steve Saleen with a smile. Christmas is in 51 days….

Source: SMS Supercars
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

The website link states...

Coming Soon

12 F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Ingot Silver
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

:::yawn:::

The only thing exciting to come out of SMS ever are press releases...

Honestly, it's like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually it just doesn't become exciting anymore. Let the product do the talking.

At least Saleen builds cars - SMS has writers on their staff

The parts link also says coming soon...
Old 11-03-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve91386 View Post

Honestly, it's like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually it just doesn't become exciting anymore. Let the product do the talking.

Hey, yawner, I can see why you don't like all the press reports and blurb about the SMS products, but they have to be advertised and put on the websites, otherwise we won't know what developments there are. Steve Saleen is trying to get started again after financial manipulators have taken his original business away, and I wish him all the best with SMS. In fact I'll try to get to the SEMA show in Las Vegas, and see at first hand what he's doing. Maybe I could meet you there?
Best wishes to all. Mike Tinne. '91 Saleen #17.
Old 11-03-2009
Administrator

Quote:

Link works for me... and the SMS 570 & 570X were produced before the 2010 435S and S281.
Old 11-03-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:

You do know that SMS has built the Challenger right??? Saleen hasn't "built" the new 2010 forsale yet... only the 435S which I don't think is a Saleen at all.

SMS has to get the info out there before they can start to build anything. The product will come soon enough. Steve is a perfectionist with everything he does and I am sure he wants each and every product that SMS produces to be perfect before he shows it off.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Hey guys! Currently attending the SEMA show. You will be very surprised at the offering SMS has lined up for 2010. In attendance for SMS is Steve himself, Molly Saleen and Phil Frank. They have a great staff promoting their products and have geared their new product offering towards what the typical Saleen owner really wants! Stay tuned!

Jarred
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoS281 View Post
Hey guys! Currently attending the SEMA show. You will be very surprised at the offering SMS has lined up for 2010. In attendance for SMS is Steve himself, Molly Saleen and Phil Frank. They have a great staff promoting their products and have geared their new product offering towards what the typical Saleen owner really wants! Stay tuned!

Jarred
PICS PICS PICS....
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD KNX View Post
PICS PICS PICS....
Haha! I will bud! I'm bringing you back something from Steve Saleen (in the flesh) lol!
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

Nice! I should have sent you with my fuse cover or something for him to sign
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD KNX View Post
Nice! I should have sent you with my fuse cover or something for him to sign
its much better (hint,hint)
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

check out the photos under "Sema Coverage"

Last edited by NeoS281; 11-03-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Moved to "Sema Coverage"
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

I think the windshield banner should be bigger
Old 11-04-2009
SOEC Member