The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 04-08-2011
Administrator

Default Steve Saleen Presents: 2012 SMS 302 White, Yellow & Black Label Mustangs

by SOEC Staff

Steve Saleen’s SMS Supercars increases vehicle production with the release of the SMS 302 White, Yellow and Black Label Mustangs.

Corona, California - April 6, 2011

Steve Saleen's SMS Supercars increases vehicle production with the release of the SMS 302 White, Yellow and Black Label Mustangs. The expanded model lines are a tribute to his racing heritage colors, marketed under the White, Yellow, and Black Labels.

The SMS 302 White Label is normally aspirated, making 440 horsepower, with performance suspension, exhaust, interior ergonomics and exterior styling.

These factory assembled vehicles represent a volume expansion. SMS Dealers are enthusiastic with the release of these new model lines supporting increased production and sales. SMS Supercars is pleased to announce a MSRP of $35,540 (plus transportation, tax, title, registration) for this 440 horsepower normally aspirated vehicle; the White Label SMS 302 representing an astounding price for a complete high performance vehicle.

The SMS 302 Yellow Label, making 545 horsepower, has all of the White Label attributes plus a supercharger and SMS 19" wheel/tire assemblies. SMS Supercars dealers once again, capitalizing on consumer interest and increased volumes, are thrilled to have a supercharged car of this value. The MSRP of this 545 horsepower SMS 302 Yellow Label is $45,540 (plus transportation, tax, title, registration). Nowhere else is the consumer able to achieve the performance and value SMS Supercar offers.

Steve Saleen's SMS Supercars continues to offer the ultimate, vehicle manufactured and marketed as Black Label models. These continue to be his ultimate performance / lifestyle vehicles consisting of advanced aerodynamic body components, his S4 suspension, SMS leather interior, 575 horsepower, and many other features and options. Consumers desiring a truly unique vehicle may order custom paint resulting in a vehicle which most often is one of a kind while still maintaining assembly line uniformity. All of the SMS Supercars receive SMS Serialization and are identified in the Steve Saleen SMS Registry.

"I wanted to produce the finest vehicles in keeping with my performance and lifestyle philosophy and succeeded with the previously released top of the line SMS vehicles. Like many consumers and enthusiasts, I recognize the economic challenges facing us and want to provide additional choices, well within the purchase consideration of a very wide range of buyers" stated Steve Saleen. SMS Supercars is able to present many of their top of the line Black Label vehicle components and engineering knowledge in these new White and Yellow Label models.

The differences SMS vehicles present are dramatic. Noticeable responsiveness in acceleration, vehicle turn-in, along with lateral transitions, is realized along with the exhaust note, further signifying this is a very exciting vehicle to own and drive.

SMS Supercars is proud to offer these two new models, the SMS 302 White Label and SMS 302 Yellow Label, in addition to our ongoing production of ultimate Top of the Line SMS 302 Black Label vehicles.

About Steve Saleen’s SMS Supercars – Speed, Science and Style
SMS Supercars, a company founded by renowned race driver and automotive icon Steve Saleen, is a manufacturer of high-end lifestyle performance vehicles, technical performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel. SMS Supercars designs, engineers, tests, certifies, manufactures and assembles all of its own products and vehicles. SMS Supercars’ first vehicles, the SMS 570 and SMS 570X Challenger were launched in early 2009, with the SMS 302 and 302SC Mustang models following in April of 2010. The SMS 620 and SMS 620X Camaro will complete the offering of SMS Signature Series vehicles in the summer of 2012.

SOEC, founded in 1991, is the premiere organization for Saleen owners and enthusiasts, with thousands of members worldwide.

Source: SMS Supercars and Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club

Exclusive portions of story © Copyright 2011 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club
Freely distribute with proper credits
Link to this story at: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?p=54205
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMS PR 302 White Yellow 4-6-11_img_0.jpg (19.5 KB, 476 views)
Old 04-09-2011
SOEC Member

The bsm has spoken!
Old 04-09-2011
SOEC Member

are these totla prices for the cars, or just prices for the conversion? Ive seen mustang gts sticker for 38,000
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 04-09-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen1 View Post
are these totla prices for the cars, or just prices for the conversion? Ive seen mustang gts sticker for 38,000
The prices listed are "total prices." The SMS 302 White Label is $6,000.00 on top of a Mustang GT. Prices will vary depending on how much factory equipment the GT conversion chassis features.
Old 04-10-2011
SOEC Member

Hoping for great things for Steve and his team.... this is a good start

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 04-11-2011
SOEC Member

Agreed HotRod!
Old 04-12-2011
Banned

And a start it is. No one want saleen to succeed more than me (maybe his employees). But its clear saleen has a very steep uphill battle to climb.

As i've stated earlier, current stock mustang factory lineup is so good it doesnt take much for a nobrainer to purchase a 5.0 and drop a supercharger on it and call it a day. So Saleens old upfront advantage of being a far superior rebuild compared to the stock model isnt as evident as was years ago, so Saleen must raise the bar considerably to pull customers.

Did you know todays 5.0 specs are almost identical to a 1998 Saleen s351 (motor trend testings). That means that s351 was 13 years ahead of a stock mustang so now Saleen must compete with Saleen, meaning the new cars must deliver on a superior level like never before. And since power is a relatively easy thing to achieve thank to a great new engine, a large portion of getting those models noticed is in custom styling. Saleens must look like Saleens, special, rare, unique, functional, truly re-skinning the stangs bodywork, All panels, to deliver something that people simply cannot purchase elsewhere.

Sometimes its best for a company to sell in a way that the majority will want and dream but only a few will have (Power in the hands of a Few). And still saleen was smart enough to create that -introductory model the s281- back in 96. Just low enough for many to get in the door.

But thru the years saleen did drop the ball in a big way... Saleen never took a step when other companies stole the saleen logo or all the time Roush so-called designers merely copied every design move saleen made with little to no legal recourse taken by saleen. That kinda stuff gota stop, brand protection is your lifeblood and roush got over lovely from doing so and saleen took a major loss.

I also still hold firm that saleen should be the first to develop a street legal track day car in the category of the lightweight mini rockets like the aerial atom and the god awfull gorgeous BAC MONO. That segment is growing fast and for good reason... mid priced with supercar performance, poised to sell like hotcakes.

(just make it big enough for americans to fit in).

Last edited by XEVIOUS; 04-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2011
SOEC Member (Inactive)

If the White label MSRP truly stays around $36k, I totally want one...
Old 04-13-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hot281 View Post
If the White label MSRP truly stays around $36k, I totally want one...
Most of this requires ordering a low content/option GT from Ford.
Old 04-15-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Well it seems the SMS Mustangs will be on my short list for new sport/pony car!

So glad Steve and his new company has a broad range of choices.
Old 04-17-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Please prepare for a totally unrelated, off topic comment:

Holy crap HOTRODHARRY your car is awesome looking. I want one.

Sorry, back to the topic at hand.
Old 04-17-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona1783 View Post
Please prepare for a totally unrelated, off topic comment:

Holy crap HOTRODHARRY your car is awesome looking. I want one.

Sorry, back to the topic at hand.

LOL! Thanks buddy! Thats why I had to have this SMS car! And to help the man and the cars we all love!! I have her posted all over online to promote SMS Supercars all I can. The looks and postive comments I get from both American and Foreign car lovers and even from people who are not even into cars or from this country originally. She has a very broad fan club it seems.

Your black 06 is beautiful too!!

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 06-07-2011
Administrator

Steve Saleen discusses the 2012 SMS 302 White Label during their Open House event - April 9th, 2011

Old 06-09-2011
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Will it be possible to option the bodykit and wheels from the Black Label onto the lower cars?
Old 06-11-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hot281 View Post
Will it be possible to option the bodykit and wheels from the Black Label onto the lower cars?
The Yellow Label preview package displayed the side skirts. I can't say, but a special order White Label with full exterior styling may be possible.
Old 07-03-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

WOW!!! The SMS 302 Yellow Label is making 545 horsepower!!! That's a lot more power than my Saleen. Holy crap!!
Old 09-18-2012
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 2013 Saleen Black Label

See Link Below
http://gullospeed.com/blacklabel.htm
Old 09-18-2012
SOEC Member

When they say "Saleen" supercharger, isn't that a ? Only bummer is the rims, need to jump on the forged wagon.