The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 01-03-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Exclamation Help: Emissions NOT READY status!!!

Hello all,

anyone have issues with their PJ showing NOT READY on the 4 emissions sensors........

Catalyst
EVAP System
O2 Sensor
Heated O2

Pretty sure it's in the tune since JDM turns off the O2 with the high flow cats......

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-06-2013
SOEC Member

Has the battery been disconnected? If so, you may just need to drive it for about 20 miles.
Old 01-02-2021

Default Emissions NOT READY

yes, I had the same problem, would not pass emissions. Had to Take it to Hennessey to due the tune to pass the emissions. Lets see how it does this year.

Anyone have any answers?? Mine is the Super Shaker version.
Old 01-04-2021
SOEC Member

Hennessy should have checked to see if your "Supershaker Tune" ,which probably has the PJ Supershaker 3.6 SC pulley, has the CATS turned off in your 'Supershaker Tune". The 4 CATS need to be "turned on" or operating to avoid a "Not Ready" code. Hopefully, after turning the CATS back on, a FORD "Drive Cycle: should allow the "Not Ready" code to be cleared .
Old 01-05-2021

so how does one "turn on" the 4 O2 sensors? Is it the just the custom tune? So I need to get a custom tune from Brenspeed or someone else who knows these cars?
Old 02-07-2021

Unhappy Emissions NOT READY

well, its inspection time, I am guessing they turned everything on to pass and then reverted to the old tune. I cant pass inspection, so I need to see if they have a permanent answer to this issue, as I dont want to pay $840+ each year to get my registration renewed.....Guess I can go back to Brenspeed, spend that money there instead of my watts link/torque arm. Any one knwo anyone in Houston that does good custum tunes? I am trying Peitz if I cannot get Hennessey to help out.
Old 02-08-2021
SOEC Member

Michael, I sent to a detailed email about getting the correct Brenspeed tune for your PJ. Do not waste any more money on local tuners. Brenspeed can get it all done my email. etc. Brenspeed has a Texas location in Cedar Hill, south of Dallas but it can all be done via email.
Old 02-11-2021

John;

I talked to Doug and we went thru the motions of getting an SCT tuner. Its on it way. They were hesitate to use your info but eventually had to as the PCM sticker was not there and the fuel pump booster was not in the trunk.

The tuner is on its way, thank you. Oh, by the way, the Brenspeed in Texas was closed in 2016. I wish it were still there as I would make the trip to have them go over the car and do some things.
Old 02-27-2021

Default emissions passed after using SCT Tuner from Brenspeed.

well, after I switched the tunes on the car to the one brenspeed sent me, the car passed easily after replacing the gas cap and doing a brief run cycle...

Anyone else with the same issues, I recommend Brenspeed.
Old 02-28-2021
SOEC Member

Good News Michael. Brenspeed has been a great source for me.