The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 12-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Rear window louver panel? - Adhesive question

I posted this question about 6 weeks ago as a reply to another thread. I got no responses to I'll try starting a new thread:

Today, while finalizing the winterizing process on my PJ car, I removed the rear louver panel expecting to see that the foam horizontal strips were detoriorated and needing replacement. I had planned to keep the panel at home over the winter and work on it in my basement.

What I found, however, was foam in like new condition so no need to mess with the foam. I did keep it here at the house so that I can give it a good clean up though it's perfectly suitable as is. The problem I do need to deal with is that one of the metal plates containing the threaded weld stud came off the window when I removed the louver panel (it possibly could already have been loose as mounted). All the other plates seem to be securely attached.

Do any of you have any information on the adhesive that Saleen used to hold the plates to the window? I'll need to get some before the car comes out of storage next spring.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Old 12-31-2019
SOEC Member

Happened to my 2008 Heritage.
No idea what Saleen used but a two-part 5 minute epoxy worked for me and is still holding strong.
Old 04-03-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 3m adhesive

3M makes a great trim and emblem adhesive.
I used to use it in the shop.
3M 08061

I'm a retired educator, but I restore muscle cars and exotics for clients around the country.

Parnelli Jones #358 Super Shaker

Last edited by Paws; 04-03-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add info
Old 04-03-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

3M 08601 Trim and emblem adhesive

Last edited by Paws; 04-03-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: delete duplicate
Old 04-03-2020
Administrator

Thank you for the recommendation.