The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-18-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Guess my dyno numbers? - S281 w/ Series II blower

I am going to get dyno tuned this coming month and I am curious as to what numbers I should expect?
current mods are

-built bottom end (eagle rods, arias pistons, forged 8 bolt crank, arp head studs.
-compression will be a little higher due to piston chosen approx 10.2:1
-extreme energy 268 comp cams
-bbk longtubes
-bbk catless midpipe
-maganflow cat back
-accufab 75 mm throttle body
-jlt cai
-90 mm maf
-richard racing 2.5 pulley

Cooling mods
-intercooler heat shield(bough of trikpony)

And all supporting fuel mods

Trying to see how much I can sqeeuze out of this little series 2 blower.
if im not too hapoy with results I will be ditching the blower and goimg with a custom turbo kit to compliment the built bottom end:)
Old 02-18-2014
SOEC Member

In my opinion if you're looking for anything over ~390 rwhp then upgrading the series 2 is a waste of money. On top of that you'll spend a lot of money to get to that number that could be spent on a turbo or twin screw.

If I were in your position with a built bottom end I would either be going with a turbo or a full tork tech kit for some really big gains. If money was no object you could be doing this:

http://www.torktech.com/tvs-2300-supercharger-kit.html

Maxing out the series 2 wastes the fact that you have a forged bottom end. I've maxed out what the series 2 can do and i'm pushing around 400rwhp.

So how much power do you want and how much do you want to spend?

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 02-18-2014

Thanks for the input eviligloo I believe ive seen your build thread with the tork tech inlet. Impressive numbers! One of the highest for a series 2! Ive read countless threads on these m90 blowers maxing out quickly

Right now I am a full time college student so money is a little tight and since the stock blower is just sitting in my garage I thought I would give it try a try lol.

If I hit 350 to the wheels I will be satisfied thats enough to keep up with alot of cars on the streets where Im from.

By next year I am looking to go turbo, probably with the on3 forward facing kit wirh my own turbo bovs and wastegate since I have heeard they are trash. I will he happy as lomg as I hit 550 to the wheels since this car is my DD
Old 02-18-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I dont see any reason you wont be right around 400rwp.
Old 02-18-2014

I'll say 377rwhp Post the graph when you get it done.
Old 02-18-2014

330+25 for the cams =355
Keep us posted. Good luck!
Tunable induction CAI|2.8 pulley|39# Injectors|05 Mustang GT pump|90mm MAF|75MM BBK-TB|Mosaleen idler|MAC Long tube headers|Mac Off road X|LFP-H/E and tank|Chicane I/C|5gpm pump|373 FRPP gears|NT555R 305/35ZR1|MGW shifter|FRPP Alum driveshaft|N2MB two step
86-0087
03-269 S281SC
92 LX coupe
92 LX convertible
Old 02-19-2014

340-350 rwhp....on pump gas, if your on race, then 370'ish
Old 02-19-2014

See my sig.
Old 02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02S/Csaleen View Post
See my sig.

Steggy S/C Port, Methanol Injection - got me to 400

I think you will be around 368 - 375
Old 02-19-2014

Nice numbers 02s/csaleen, I seem to have everything you have besides the meth injection.
Im hoping around 350, hopefully my IATS don't kill me:/

Will post dyno sheet as soon as she gets tuned. Im from el paso texas I will he going to dynoedge in abq to get it tuned by chris groves. Just need to scrape up the money lol
Old 02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_MineralGrayS281 View Post
Nice numbers 02s/csaleen, I seem to have everything you have besides the meth injection.
Im hoping around 350, hopefully my IATS don't kill me:/

Will post dyno sheet as soon as she gets tuned. Im from el paso texas I will he going to dynoedge in abq to get it tuned by chris groves. Just need to scrape up the money lol

So you have the supercharger port/rebuild done? You didn't mention that in the 1st post
Old 02-19-2014
SOEC Member

I think saleenster and wireman are closer. somewhere around the 340-350ish range.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02S/Csaleen View Post
So you have the supercharger port/rebuild done? You didn't mention that in the 1st post

Oh yeah sorry about that. No Its not ported
Old 02-19-2014
SOEC Member

I have to agree with Eviligloo, Wireman and Saleenster. Can't squeeze to much out of that little blower without throwing a lot of money into it.
Old 02-20-2014

Quote:
Oh yeah sorry about that. No Its not ported

With the money and dyno time I threw at the series II I could have easily purchased a series IV or a KB setup. Being built you should go that route.
Old 02-20-2014

Well my saleen has some craaaaaazy history guys. 2001 saleen #523. I bought it at an auction. It was stripped of blower, complete saleen kit no interior, cluster saleen plaques, gauges. Nothing. I kmew it was a saleen because of the gauge pod, saleen pedals , racecraft suspension and it was missing all the parts a saleen had.
I already got it vin verified and it came it out that it had the supercharged option. Started the car up n/a and it was knocking... lucly me

I bought the built motor off a good friend who owed me money for 200 bills. Very cheap, bought the real saleen kit again, wheels, cluster, badges, and I recently found out the previous owner was killed in the car. The brother in law of the previous owner whom Ive known for months now barely told he was the one who stripped it after the guys death because he was going to buy it from previous owners mother but they ended up repoing it due to lack of payments. Well the brother in law GAVE me back the supercharger that was on the car originally so I get alot of stuff cheap if not free. He said he didnt have a clue that was his brother in laws old saleen.
As of rigjt now car is completely restored. Just missing firewall plaque. Lol crazy story ey?

so in result I want to slap the blower back on just for ****s and giggles I will keep the blower later on amd slap on a bigger KB unit or go turbo.
Old 02-20-2014
SOEC Member

If the previous owner was killed in the car it must have been a pretty bad accident. Was the car totaled?
Old 02-21-2014

Owner didn't crash. Was doing a drug deal and got shot in the car. Brother in law of previous owner told me he got the interior steamed to remove blood stains. Both windows brokedue to gunshots, and I always had a problem with my driver side window. Guess they replaced them without putting the bump stops so the window goes up too much

note I found out all this after I restored the car lol. Pretty creepy huh
Old 02-21-2014

Hey codered. Hows the amsoil motor oil for these mod motors? I heared they do wonders for transmissions lol. Been wanting to try amsoil race oil
Old 02-21-2014

Quote:
Owner didn't crash. Was doing a drug deal and got shot in the car. Brother in law of previous owner told me he got the interior steamed to remove blood stains. Both windows brokedue to gunshots, and I always had a problem with my driver side window. Guess they replaced them without putting the bump stops so the window goes up too much

note I found out all this after I restored the car lol. Pretty creepy huh
post some picts that is a crazy story with the car. lol
Old 02-21-2014
Account with Invalid Email

I was able to find a Series IV head unit for $400.

It bolts right up to the lower intake.

Search my build thread for pics.

See my sig for 361/393 at the wheels with a Series IV. This was before same cooling mods you speak of. I also have a better coolant pump to install.

My Intake Air Temps shot from 100 to 140-150 ish in one pull in dead of summer.
Those temps kill the 400 whp goal.
Oxford White #01-0720
Fully Forged Rebuild 6/14
Series IV w/ pulley boys 2.8 pulley
Trikpony Intercooler Heatshield
Mosaleen Idler Pulley
42# injectors
Supercar fuel pump w/ wiring mod
90mm MAF
75mm Throttle Body
NGK Tr6
BBK O/R X-Pipe
13" Cobra front brakes
MGW shifter
7" DVD player
376hp/395tq

Series I gone!!

Former-2000 Contour SVT
T3/T4 TURBO-315 fwhp!
Old 02-22-2014

2ksvt yeah bro im looking for a series 4:( it bolts right up I dont have to change anything at all? Hmmm If you happen to come across another one please let me know! I tried searching your build thread but i couldn't fond it. Link? Those are impressive numbers. How much bettter is a series 4? I heard they are twins crews but not too sure on how good they are
Old 02-22-2014
SOEC Member

Here is the link to his build: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthr...ighlight=2KSVT
Old 02-23-2014

Loaded Dyno I'd say maybe 360. I wish I had all the $$$ back trying to get HP out of my Series II.
Old 02-23-2014
SOEC Member

If you are just looking for pure numbers, yeah, throwing money at the Series II could be better spent elsewhere. However, if you are looking to get the most of a stock appearing engine... what else can you do? Just have to live with the fact that the Series II is limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S174 View Post
Loaded Dyno I'd say maybe 360. I wish I had all the $$$ back trying to get HP out of my Series II.
Old 02-23-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
If you are just looking for pure numbers, yeah, throwing money at the Series II could be better spent elsewhere. However, if you are looking to get the most of a stock appearing engine... what else can you do? Just have to live with the fact that the Series II is limited.

I was able to get 353 RWHP and 337RWTQ when I had my series II. I had the 66m pulley with 9psi boost. Anymore gains out of this blower are difficult. I sold the series II and went to the Kennebell 2.1L and was able to get 450RWHP 443RWTQ with a safe tune from B&D Racing in Van Nuys, Calif.
Old 02-23-2014

Everyone is optimistic when they start and then are disappointed with the results. It's loosing battle as the increased air temps rob the power the boost brings. These blowers are small and very inefficient, especially when you throw in the cooling problems that comes with these cars.

Most see 330. 350 and up is an accomplishment or as S174 stated, it takes a forgiving dyno...on a cool day...on the first pass.
Tunable induction CAI|2.8 pulley|39# Injectors|05 Mustang GT pump|90mm MAF|75MM BBK-TB|Mosaleen idler|MAC Long tube headers|Mac Off road X|LFP-H/E and tank|Chicane I/C|5gpm pump|373 FRPP gears|NT555R 305/35ZR1|MGW shifter|FRPP Alum driveshaft|N2MB two step
86-0087
03-269 S281SC
92 LX coupe
92 LX convertible
Old 02-23-2014

Im not trying to get my hopes up lol. My t56 gave out last night at one of our car meets so the dyno tune is going to be rescheduled, got stuck in 4th gear.

350 rwhp is all im aiming for. Not too much to ask with full bolt ons cams and a tad bit more compression no?

Hopefully someone is interested in buying the kit after I post it for sale
Old 02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by S174 View Post
I had fun with it though - Add part dyno tune, add part dyno tune, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Exactly - Wanting to remain OEM Saleen as possible and the thrill of squeezing so much out of that little s/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Everyone is optimistic when they start and then are disappointed with the results. It's loosing battle as the increased air temps rob the power the boost brings. These blowers are small and very inefficient, especially when you throw in the cooling problems that comes with these cars.

Most see 330. 350 and up is an accomplishment or as S174 stated, it takes a forgiving dyno...on a cool day...on the first pass.
Considering the Saleen numbers are inflated on the S281's. Mine dyno'd at 289 all stock before I started modding. Thats a 76hp loss which is rediculous.

Quote:
Im not trying to get my hopes up lol. My t56 gave out last night at one of our car meets so the dyno tune is going to be rescheduled, got stuck in 4th gear.

350 rwhp is all im aiming for. Not too much to ask with full bolt ons cams and a tad bit more compression no?

Hopefully someone is interested in buying the kit after I post it for sale
Good luck man - I think you should be around your goal. Meth or e85 with a s/c port you would see 400