The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2014 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2014 Saleen Mustang For the SN10 platform California-built 2010 SMS 460 and 460X, the 2011-12 SMS 302, and 2013-14 Saleen 4V, SC, SSC and 351.
All Label cars (White Yellow, Black). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-30-2013
SOEC Member

Default Do you see what I do?

Do you see what I see with the 2013+ lights on the S351?

Old 11-30-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Not seeing anything different about them, but why do the body lines with the valance and the lights not come anywhere close to lining up?
Old 11-30-2013
Administrator

This is nothing new. The 2013 and 2014 S302 and 351 Black Label Mustangs use the styling kit introduced in 2010 for the 460 Mustang.

The tail light shape is different from 2010-12 to 2013-14, hence the gap.

In related news Shelby American contiuned to use their 2010-12 frontal styling on the 2013-14 GT350 conversions. They stopped using their GT350 designed rear end treatment and incorporated OE 2013-14 SVT GT500 components into the conversion.

For 2013-14 Roush stopped offering a front fascia. They recycle the OE cover by cutting holes for the large driving lamp fixtures.

Props to Saleen Automotive for continuing their own complete styling treatment.
Old 11-30-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
This is nothing new. The 2013 and 2014 S302 and 351 Black Label Mustangs use the styling kit introduced in 2010 for the 460 Mustang.

The tail light shape is different from 2010-12 to 2013-14, hence the gap.

In related news Shelby American contiuned to use their 2010-12 frontal styling on the 2013-14 GT350 conversions. They stopped using their GT350 designed rear end treatment and incorporated OE 2013-14 SVT GT500 components into the conversion.

For 2013-14 Roush stopped offering a front fascia. They recycle the OE cover by cutting holes for the large driving lamp fixtures.

Props to Saleen Automotive for continuing their own complete styling treatment.
Ah, makes sense. I had no idea about Roush simply cutting holes now, that is really sad. Roush used to make a fantastic piece, and was about the only body kit on the market that could be bolted right into place with little to no body work. I understand where you are coming from giving props to Saleen for their continued use of a bull body kit... and compared to the Roush it seems like Saleen is the better value as far as that is concerned, but still I cannot look past the sticker price. That is just a lot of money to spend on a car that the parts don't exactly fit right. Maybe I am nitpicky, but one of the things that has always bugged me is the fact that the front bumper cover on my '00 has inconsistent gaps and on my '98 the gap is so severe between my rear fascia and taillights that I can stick my fingers in the gap. Just a personal gripe. These are beautiful cars, and the fitment should be a lot tighter in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemustangperformance View Post
Ah, makes sense. I had no idea about Roush simply cutting holes now, that is really sad. Roush used to make a fantastic piece, and was about the only body kit on the market that could be bolted right into place with little to no body work. I understand where you are coming from giving props to Saleen for their continued use of a bull body kit... and compared to the Roush it seems like Saleen is the better value as far as that is concerned, but still I cannot look past the sticker price. That is just a lot of money to spend on a car that the parts don't exactly fit right. Maybe I am nitpicky, but one of the things that has always bugged me is the fact that the front bumper cover on my '00 has inconsistent gaps and on my '98 the gap is so severe between my rear fascia and taillights that I can stick my fingers in the gap. Just a personal gripe. These are beautiful cars, and the fitment should be a lot tighter in my opinion.
]
Did you buy the cars 98 and 00 new? My 01, the only issue I had with the body was the hood cracked, but all the parts lined up fairly straight. My replacement hood was a disaster, but Saleen got me another one. My rear wing was scratching the body a bit, but they fixed that too... no charge. My 11 had a couple of issues, but they fixed it, no questions asked...