The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 08-26-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Maximum tire size

Does anyone know the maximum tire sizes you can safely run on the PJ model. I am thinking about a set of drag radials for the rear on mine and was wondering if anyone has tried this before. If so, what was/is your experience?
Old 08-27-2008

Default tire size

The maximum width that would fit your car without rubbing would be a 305. If you go any wider they would rub or if you get wheel spacers then they would stick out the fenders.
Old 08-27-2008

Default tire size

Thanks for your reply. Have you changed your tires? If so, what size and are you satisfied with the move?
Old 09-03-2008

I do not personally own one(although I wish i did). But I am the R&D tech at saleen Irvine. 305s are the widest we could fit on the back of all our s197 models with a watts link. Without a watts link you probably would only be able to fit a 295 in order not to rub. Make sure that you have the updated watts link brace that saleen dealers will install for free.
Old 09-03-2008

Is that the watts link service recall back about 6 months ago. If so, I have had the change made. Thanks for your response.
Old 09-12-2008

yes thats the one
Old 09-15-2008
SOEC Member

I had Watts Link installed on my H281 that was converted to H302 motor specs last Spring at the Troy, MI facility. Would the updated link have been installed? I have not been contacted by anyone and have been in touch with Jeff Clark several times since with no mention of anything. I have 2 sets of wheels/tires; one stock chrome Saleen 9 front 10 rear 19's with Pirelli Rosso's and a set of original H wheels that I had the rear stretched to 10.5" with Nitto 305 NT555R 40R18's and 275 40ZR18 NT555's on the front.
Old 10-01-2008
SOEC Member

I don't believe there is a 19" DR, but as previously stated, I believe 305 is about all of it...
07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 10-02-2008
SOEC Member

how do you like the scenic roof against the rear louvers? I was thinking of having that done on my H281 converted to H302SC specs but thought the transition from glass might not look good. If you have a couple of pics you could post it would be appreciated. I tried holding my louvers up on a converted GT (done by Saleen) locally but it was hard to tell.
Old 10-02-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
how do you like the scenic roof against the rear louvers? I was thinking of having that done on my H281 converted to H302SC specs but thought the transition from glass might not look good. If you have a couple of pics you could post it would be appreciated. I tried holding my louvers up on a converted GT (done by Saleen) locally but it was hard to tell.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showpos...7&postcount=24

It looks EXCELLENT (if I do say so myself )
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 10-03-2008
SOEC Member

Wow! looks great on the PJ. Any chance I could be so bold as to ask for a close-up where the roof glass meets the louvers? What I really like is the full black effect from the front window all the way back to the rear of the trunk. My trunk has the thinner stripe as is on the H302SC so I would lose that effect. I hear there have been issues with the black trunk vinyl tearing or splitting at the back where the material meets the spoiler. Hopefully you wont have any problems there.
Old 10-03-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Wow! looks great on the PJ. Any chance I could be so bold as to ask for a close-up where the roof glass meets the louvers? What I really like is the full black effect from the front window all the way back to the rear of the trunk. My trunk has the thinner stripe as is on the H302SC so I would lose that effect. I hear there have been issues with the black trunk vinyl tearing or splitting at the back where the material meets the spoiler. Hopefully you wont have any problems there.
Don't think I have any close-ups, but it is a good transition if that's what you are wondering.
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 11-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange04s281 View Post
yes thats the one
Hey Orange, or anyone with tire size knowledge,

I see your a tech at Saleen, and I thought you might be able to help me.

I have a set of Saleen Heritage wheels 19x9, and 19x10. Same as the Dan Gurney Edition ones, but chrome (found them cheap, getting them dechromed and painted)

I was looking at the tire sizes Saleen's with 19" and 20" wheels run to get an idea of which tires would fit.

Do you know if a 285/35/19 would fit in the front? The Dan Gurney runs a 285/30 and it looks like it could use a slightly larger tire. Was going to run a 295/35/19 in the rear if that fits. Otherwise a 275/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.

BTW, car is an 08 Bullitt with the Saleen 475 kit and American Racing headers.

Thanks a million!

Last edited by jymontoya; 11-11-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2008
SOEC Member

I have the same wheels and am running 275/35/19 front and 285/40/19 rear with Pirelli Rosso's. You must have got them on line. I paid $375 for my set (wheels). Had to pick them up but it was local. Wish I had the same discount schedule on the tires! I also was given a set of the pressure sensors for each wheel; had to buy the bands. As mentioned earlier I also have stock heritage rims (18") with Nitto's; rear stretched to 10.5" with DR's.
Old 11-11-2008
Administrator

Thanks Bob for the tire knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymontoya View Post
BTW, car is an 08 Bullitt with the Saleen 475 kit and American Racing headers.
jymontoya: Feel free to post a photo or two when the car is done.
Old 11-12-2008

Thanks Bob. Do you have any pictures of your setup?

I think I'm going to go with the Kumho SPT in 275/35/19 front, and 285/35/19 rear. The Rosso's are just too expensive for a 70+ mile daily driven car. I can get the SPT's for under $200 a tire.

About the pressure sensors, I had totally forgot about that! THANK YOU. My previous cars used the ABS sensor to detect a flat, not so used to the advanced TPMS system. I was going to keep my stock wheels and tires for spares, and the couple of cold months we have here in GA. What do I need to do to be able to interchange them and not mess with the TPMS?

Dave-

I'll definetely post up some pictures as it progresses. I have a baseline dyno, one after the headers, and soon to be one post supercharger that I'll post up too. I was a little leary at first because I thought only pure bread Saleens were talked about. I thought maybe my MUT wouldn't be appreciated.
Old 11-12-2008
SOEC Member

I was going to send a pic but need to downsize in order to send as an attchament to your post. I change my 19" chrome/Perelli's to 18" Heritage/Nitto's for the month of July for the opportunity to "hook-em" up. 540 RWHP is hard to get going! I have my local dealer do a re-teach (only takes two minutes if you have the sensor device) for the pressure monitoring. If you have an e-mail adress I can send the pics direct (Pirelli vs Nitto) they are about 1MB a piece. I am not the most computer literate!
Old 11-13-2008

You have a private message.
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
I was going to send a pic but need to downsize in order to send as an attchament to your post. I change my 19" chrome/Perelli's to 18" Heritage/Nitto's for the month of July for the opportunity to "hook-em" up. 540 RWHP is hard to get going! I have my local dealer do a re-teach (only takes two minutes if you have the sensor device) for the pressure monitoring. If you have an e-mail adress I can send the pics direct (Pirelli vs Nitto) they are about 1MB a piece. I am not the most computer literate!
Uploaded the pics for you! Looks GREAT! How's the hookup with those sets?

Buhh... not working... Anyone?
Old 11-25-2008
SOEC Member

Still at work! and have to come in Friday believe it or not!...The Nitto DR's definatley give me more traction at power but the Pirelli's are wicked in the corners...even with the DR's I can bake 'em off the line...and grab series rubber at 70MPH hittin' it hard..would need to tunnel it to get the full effect of the 540RWHP!

Where did you post them to?? Your computer illiterate friend!

You want to see something bad @#$ wait until you see the Saleen Dark Horse...I was fortunate enough to see it at the Troy facility...
Old 11-25-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymontoya View Post
Uploaded the pics for you! Looks GREAT! How's the hookup with those sets?

Buhh... not working... Anyone?
Our picture posting function is a little sketchy until we move to a new server... if you're trying to upload them through the Manage Attachments, they shouldn't be too big... no more than 1MB and 1600x1024 pixels @ 72dpi.

If you like, e-mail them to me at jimd@soec.org and I'll gladly size them if necessary and take a stab at it.

Here are some photos of the Dark Horse...

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3742

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 12-01-2008
Administrator

Sorry for the delay in getting these online... it looks like the photos were simply too large... over 1MB and too large dimensionally.
Attached Thumbnails
7-06-08_002_small.jpg  

7-06-08_008_small.jpg  

9-21-08_012_small.jpg  

9-21-08_0141_small.jpg  

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 12-01-2008
SOEC Member

Thanks Jim...the top 2 photo's are with H281 rims; rear stretched to 10.5"; Nitto 555R's front and Nitto DR's on the rear...the bottom 2 are H302 chrome with Pirelli P1 Rosso's...(see post from 9-15-08 for tire sizes)...Hope everyone had a great turkey day!
Old 12-04-2008
SOEC Member

I think I like the H281 wheels better.

How does that baby run? Any track times/dyno #'s? I have a Supershaker on the way and am excited!!!
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 12-04-2008
SOEC Member

It is wicked fast. No sense pushing on the pedal without the DR's. I have not had it to the track since the retrofit but it will happen this spring. I still bake the DR's if I push it hard off the line. I will post my results this spring. I figure low 11's; high 10's depending on how well I hook'em up...maybe I am smokin' something other than rubber but we will see! I assume you will have JDM retune after the SC is added? Mine supposedly checked out at 539RWHP. I have a free offer for a dyno inspection that I will probably take up this spring as well (while I am present this time!).
Old 12-04-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
It is wicked fast. No sense pushing on the pedal without the DR's. I have not had it to the track since the retrofit but it will happen this spring. I still bake the DR's if I push it hard off the line. I will post my results this spring. I figure low 11's; high 10's depending on how well I hook'em up...maybe I am smokin' something other than rubber but we will see! I assume you will have JDM retune after the SC is added? Mine supposedly checked out at 539RWHP. I have a free offer for a dyno inspection that I will probably take up this spring as well (while I am present this time!).
I will have a smaller pulley, GT500 pumps, Saleen h/e upgrade, 60lb injectors, JDM tune, etc to go with my Kooks lt's and o/r h-pipe.

H302SC is rated at ~580 IIRC?
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 12-04-2008
SOEC Member

H/E upgrade?
Old 12-04-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
H/E upgrade?
Heat exchanger...

http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=284
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List