The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-23-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Photos: MP112 supercharger swap

My 2002 Saleen came with a series 2. I was able to swap in a mp112 case which is an eaton/magnuson version. The mp112 is the big brother to our mp90. All sct cobra internals. Built my own adapter plate. Just needs a tune to get it all dialed in. I wanted to retain the factory look instead of an aftermarket.
Attached Thumbnails
mp112 001.jpg  

Old 07-23-2019
Administrator

Looks very nice. Agreed, factory appearing.
Old 07-25-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default wow

Congrats. That took some courage. Glad it worked out for you! You should detail your project and maybe others will be interested in following your footsteps especially if you made that plate yourself and if you are able to achieve gains. Good Luck with the tune let us know how it works out. Cheers
Old 09-23-2019

So of course after I have everything buttoned up, my intercooler decides to let go. Contacted Tom at Century 21 but he had a several week wait. Contacted Bell Intercoolers. They send me out a perfectly sized core. Bar and plate type, far more efficient then the piece of crap my 02 came with. Model #AW300041090. It was a simple matter of cutting off the 2 caps on the original and welding them on the bell unit. A local shop charged me 60 bucks. I then made a diffuser plate so that 100% the boost goes through the intercooler. Saved mega $$$$$$. iat temps are way down....now for a tune finally.
Old 09-23-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default intercoolers

Hello,

Can you tell me what the price range is for that intercooler? Did you take any pictures?

Let me know here or PM thank you!
Old 09-24-2019

185.00 +shipping. sorry no pics
Old 09-25-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Very interested in hearing more about the build and your numbers!
Old 10-12-2019

Halloween dyno appointment. Anxious to see what she does.
Old 11-01-2019

Minor setback. Made a big mistake buying some cheapo 47 lb fuel injectors from feebay. They are total crap, waste of money and time. Got some 60lb Ford Racing injectors coming. New tune date Nov 14th.
Old 01-13-2020

Ok finally done. Hp and torque increased 10% which is about what I was expecting. Seat of the pants driving is unbelievable . Gobs of torque right off of idle. Car just pulls and pulls. Iat temps are way down. Just a far more efficient setup. Was it worth it? I’ll let y’all judge. Total layout for mp112 case, aluminum plate, cobra supercharger, injectors etc. was about 1400.00 sold off m90 case, rotor assembly, cobra throttle body, cobra intake elbow and other various parts for 1000.00. So for 400.00 plus 350.00 for a retune I was all in. Very happy with the results
Old 01-14-2020

That looks great. I have been looking for a upgrade for my Series I, to something bigger like a Series IV, but after reading your thread, I would much rather do this. If you can post an "How too", I would greatly appreciate it!