The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 01-11-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Watt-link replacement or upgrade?

Whats the opinion of the group as far as replacing the Watts Link that Saleen placed on the PJ? I dont think mine had the TSB repair done so I am thinking about replacing it prior to failure. Most people like the Whiteline product, but I see some other ones such as Steeda, BMR, etc.

Give me your opinion, especially if you replaced yours with that brand. I am leaning towards Whiteline.
Old 01-11-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt55 View Post
Whats the opinion of the group as far as replacing the Watts Link that Saleen placed on the PJ? I dont think mine had the TSB repair done so I am thinking about replacing it prior to failure. Most people like the Whiteline product, but I see some other ones such as Steeda, BMR, etc.

Give me your opinion, especially if you replaced yours with that brand. I am leaning towards Whiteline.
Well my opinion will come off biased, but its also based on merit of experience. Nothing compares to the engineering behind the Cortex unit. If you are supercharged you really want to consider the torque arm. These Saleen's have so much lost in Fords inherit design of the 3 link rear end and the lateral power curve the supercharger makes and managing that torque. The car does a terrible job and many have thought a control arm replacement helps, but changing the upper isnt the answer either.

If you want the best roll center correction, Cortex is the way to go hands down. They also offer the proper accompanying products that tie it all together to make your car dig in the ground, manage the torque and remain as compliant as you can get an S197.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 01-11-2021
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Well my opinion will come off biased, but its also based on merit of experience. Nothing compares to the engineering behind the Cortex unit. If you are supercharged you really want to consider the torque arm. These Saleen's have so much lost in Fords inherit design of the 3 link rear end and the lateral power curve the supercharger makes and managing that torque. The car does a terrible job and many have thought a control arm replacement helps, but changing the upper isnt the answer either.

If you want the best roll center correction, Cortex is the way to go hands down. They also offer the proper accompanying products that tie it all together to make your car dig in the ground, manage the torque and remain as compliant as you can get an S197.
I agree with Jason.
Old 01-12-2021
SOEC Member

Default Watts Link

I also agree with Jason. The prices between Whiteline and Cortex is similar so Cortex is the way to go for long term additional handling mods,
Old 01-13-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcalvin View Post
I also agree with Jason. The prices between Whiteline and Cortex is similar so Cortex is the way to go for long term additional handling mods,
Not even just cost, overall Cortex is a much better engineered part.

Old 01-13-2021
Administrator

We have a few archived threads on the forum with regards to S197 platform watt-links.

If your main use is street driving and if you don't want to alter your PJ Edition, the Whiteline kit will offer reversibility and if you refinish some of the silver Whiteline parts with Rust-oleum Cherry Red paint, it will even look kinda' Saleen-ish.

Best to you.
Old 01-13-2021
Administrator

PS: If your PJ has the rear black support bar that connects the passenger frame rail to the drivers frame rail, then you probably have the TSB parts installed.
Old 01-13-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
We have a few archived threads on the forum with regards to S197 platform watt-links.

If your main use is street driving and if you don't want to alter your PJ Edition, the Whiteline kit will offer reversibility and if you refinish some of the silver Whiteline parts with Rust-oleum Cherry Red paint, it will even look kinda' Saleen-ish.

Best to you.
Hey Dave, FYI...the Cortex is a bolt on (reversible) as well. We only weld them on in our shop for insured durability.

Old 01-15-2021

so guess I will go with Cortex. Anybody used their watts link with the Xtreme-Grip Torque Arm System? Seems like a good way to go... Now if I can find someone who can put it o and adjust it right in Houston.
Old 01-15-2021

Quote:
so guess I will go with Cortex. Anybody used their watts link with the Xtreme-Grip Torque Arm System? Seems like a good way to go... Now if I can find someone who can put it o and adjust it right in Houston.
Hey Michael,

We almost always try to install the torque arm with the watts. There is some nuances we've learned about with how compliant that torque arm makes the rear end. If you want to purchase those parts from us id be glad to walk you through them.

Install is pretty simple, if your shop needs help, we encourage them to call us, or you could ship your car to us, its pretty cheap.. Barricade did and he paid $450.

Old 01-15-2021

thats pretty cheap for transport, so that must be each way. If it is that cheap, I would consider that to be a possibility.....
Old 01-15-2021

Quote:
thats pretty cheap for transport, so that must be each way. If it is that cheap, I would consider that to be a possibility.....
Yup, each way. What a lot of clients do is ship their cars to us to be built and then fly in and drive them home.