The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name Michigan-built cars from 2010-2012 with the Saleen name. These vehicles do not have tech or parts support by Saleen Automotive in California.

Old 01-03-2010
Suspended Account

Default 2010 435s #4

I was at my local dealer yesterday, and they just got a new 2010 435s. It was serial #4. I was surprised to see they got in a Saleen, as they are a racecraft dealer, but not a saleen dealer. Also considering they have had the racecrafts sitting on there lot for almost a year, and have marked them down to $29k.

The 435s was black with silver graphics, it was a really sharp looking car. I was disapointed that it only had cloth interior and no sync system. Also it had no short throw shifter. But over the racecrafts it had a performance exhaust and drilled and slotted rotors. The price was $48k. Also, I was trying to figure out why they were coming out with these cars for the 2010 my, when 2011 will have 412 hp in the stock GT. Why would I pay 10-15k more for this when I could buy the GT and build it up and kill this car for about the same price.

Here are some pics:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality, its all I had, and sorry for taking them in the shop, but i was pouring down rain yesterday.

Last edited by futuresaleenowner13; 01-03-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2010
SOEC Member

WOW, that is a low number!

Not a big fan of that car, but the serial number looks tasty!

'03 SC Coupe (1 of 2) 380hp / 400tq @ 12lbs boost 18x10" rear wheel option
13" Saleen Brakes ◄ Chicane Intercooler ◄ 2.875" VI Xtreme Pulley ◄ 4" polished CAI
75mm TB ◄ Bassani Exhaust (Mid Length Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers) ◄ FRPP 3.73 gears
90mm MAF/42lb Inj ◄ Ford GT Fuel Pump ◄ Rear LCA's ◄ Subframe Connectors + more!
Old 01-03-2010
Administrator

Chrome Heritage wheels on black looks good!
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Well the 435S is basically a replacement for the racecraft car right now correct? That would explain why a racecraft dealer got this car. I would not pay what they want for it, its not worth it especially since it doesn't have leather.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 01-03-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
WOW, that is a low number!

Not a big fan of that car, but the serial number looks tasty!
Yeah I know, tell me about it. I was amazed that my little dealer was able to get such a low number! I even looked around at the other washington Saleen dealers and none of them had any 2010 saleens listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
Well the 435S is basically a replacement for the racecraft car right now correct? That would explain why a racecraft dealer got this car. I would not pay what they want for it, its not worth it especially since it doesn't have leather.
Yeah I don't know about that, as my dealer isn't a Saleen Dealer, and this car is a Saleen, and not a racecraft. But in talking to my manager he even referred to it as a racecraft. My biggest thing about the price is why would I buy that when in 2011 my they are gonna have a 412 hp GT for 10-15k less.
Old 01-04-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
Not a big fan of that car
Couldn't agree more.
Old 01-04-2010

If I was in the market for a racecraft or 3v saleen, I would heartily put a bid in on this way cool looking car. I do agree with you folks. My post adds the outlook of obtaining the car at a reasonable price in lieu of the considerations. My hunch is next year's car will be a stretch financially compared to what we're looking at. Always pick YOUR price and shop diligently. Being a member here on SOEC is key. There most likely will be better, newer cars. Whether someone has a specific timeframe or is ready now, or not, can detrimentally move the discussion to a never/academic debate. I had a used 93 Cobra for 12 years. A decent deal late in the 07 year on leftovers matched my price. Thx for the pics as they are appreciated. Looks nicer than the red 435S at the Castle Rock show last summer.
Old 01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresaleenowner13 View Post
Yeah I know, tell me about it. I was amazed that my little dealer was able to get such a low number! I even looked around at the other washington Saleen dealers and none of them had any 2010 saleens listed.
Back in the day a dealer wouldn't get such a low number as those were held for press cars and people that have contacts to get a low #.... or the dealer would have a very good relationship with there rep and might be able to pull something off like that especially towards the end of the production year.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 02-23-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
Back in the day a dealer wouldn't get such a low number as those were held for press cars and people that have contacts to get a low #.... or the dealer would have a very good relationship with there rep and might be able to pull something off like that especially towards the end of the production year.
Yeah, I know Mike Z GSM of Pioneer Ford has some pretty strong connections to saleen, as he used to run the biggest saleen store in the state before coming to Pioneer.

But the car is quiet a looker and I think is the second best looking mustangs just behind the 2010 GT-500.

Just thought I would post this, they have an advertisment on craigslist for it for $43,430.

Here is a link; http://bellingham.craigslist.org/ctd/1610319207.html
Old 02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresaleenowner13 View Post
Yeah I don't know about that, as my dealer isn't a Saleen Dealer, and this car is a Saleen, and not a racecraft. But in talking to my manager he even referred to it as a racecraft.

I think it is a racecraft before it was a 420S now they are 435S but instead of saying racecraft they say saleen

What many would consider a "saleen" from SPV is the S281
Old 02-24-2010

cloth interior? Did it have manual roll up windows too? You think a $48k car would have something better than cloth interior.
Old 02-25-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david01130 View Post
You think a $48k car would have something better than cloth interior.
The 435S is a budget performance vehicle. Depending on how one of these 2010s is equipped, it does knock on the door of the previous 2008 S281 S/C Red Flag and 2009 S281 S/C Sport, in terms of cost.

One thing to remember about the 435S, it offers "Saleen inspired" performance. The Saleen name adds recognition to the product, but little in the way of additional cost Vs. packaged content.

With $5,000.00 removed from the asking price, the market "might" adjust the 435 accordingly.