The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-08-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Wheel suggestions ?!?!

Thinking about gettin away from the saleens I want to stick with 18s what do you guys think would look good ?!?!
Old 05-08-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

if you could put a bigger picture of your car that would be cool.

Really depend what you're looking for in a wheel. Aside from amount of spokes and the many different finishes out there you want to consider if lightweight, the price, ability to have wheel taken apart (2piece), staggered and of course quality. Soo many factors to take in these days when buying wheels. Give us a lil hint what you want or even some samples of wheels you like would be great. Good luck with purchase
01 Bullitt #3251H/C/Turbo build
92 GMC Typhoon
89 Chevy S10 Cameo
07 Yamaha R1 Candy Red
Old 05-08-2013

I was just wondering what people thought would be a good looking wheel on a Saleen other then stock lol just curious to see what other people are running
Old 05-08-2013

Here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 05-08-2013

I can't help you with alternative wheels. However black wheels on silver looks dope imo... For $7ish you can buy some plasti dip. see if you like it..if not peel it off. This at least gives you a lil change regarding your wheels without spending a lot of $. I did it to my DD (which is silver btw) and it's held up good so far, about 6 weeks and a couple car washes now, still holding strong.
Old 05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststalker27 View Post
I can't help you with alternative wheels. However black wheels on silver looks dope imo... For $7ish you can buy some plasti dip. see if you like it..if not peel it off. This at least gives you a lil change regarding your wheels without spending a lot of $. I did it to my DD (which is silver btw) and it's held up good so far, about 6 weeks and a couple car washes now, still holding strong.

I actually just did my buddies Saleen wheels for his foxbody today and they turned out really good so I considered doing that I think I kinda wanna do an all black mesh 2piece wheel
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaluger43 View Post
I actually just did my buddies Saleen wheels for his foxbody today and they turned out really good so I considered doing that I think I kinda wanna do an all black mesh 2piece wheel

Yeah looks bad ***, and while you got your wheels off you could always paint your calipers. I think it adds a lot to the space between the spokes...anyway I look forward to seeing what you do. Below is how my calipers turned out

Mine:

Aaaand on the car:
Old 05-08-2013

That looks really good dude!!! I need to switch my calipers and rotors out for the brembo setup and get rid of all the apracing stuff to expensive to replace