The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name Michigan-built cars from 2010-2012 with the Saleen name. These vehicles do not have tech or parts support by Saleen Automotive in California.

Old 03-30-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Information on the 2010 Saleen Mustang?

Any word on pricing yet, when production starts, or if anything is planned for the new 5.0 (blowers)?

After getting a upclose look at the new 2010 Saleen I thinking about getting a new one, but i want to wait for the 5.0 engine.
Old 03-30-2010
Administrator

I believe Jess Albright had stated the consumer S281 pilot vehicle was to be produced on/during the week of March 15th, 2010. Contacting Jess & MJA/SPV would be an excellent decision for additonal 2010-11 vehicle information.

At the moment, SOEC is neither following nor supporting the 2010-Present product offerings from MJA/SPV or recognizing these as an authentic "Saleen Mustang." While we do encourage owners to submit warranty claims and procuring replacement Saleen part(s) through MJA/SVP, we are unable to endorse the current (future) motor vehicles or the entity marketing them.

Subject to resolution(s).
Old 03-30-2010
Saleen Staff Users

I have been trying to stay civil you guys Dave, but here you have a forum member that has a pretty simple question about something he is interested in and you have to throw in your comments and say that you guys don't talk about it here. If you and Jim choose not to partake in the conversation someone starts, thats fine. But don't try to dictate every thread or conversation that is started here. That's not the way a public forum is supposed to work.

Dennis,

We did start production just over a week ago. 5 cars are nearing completion, other than the hood which we are having a few issues with. Hopefully by the end of this week those issues will be resolved and the cars will be finished and shipping will be arranged. Design and engineering work for the 5.0 supercharger is pretty much complete and now the only thing we are waiting on is Ford to release the calibration tables for the new stuff (Don't know timetable on this yet). Details about the 2011 will be released soon since all the 2010's that we can build are sold due to shortage of chassis's from Ford. Thank you for your interest in the car, since you are local here to us I would be more than willing to let you take one for a ride when they are complete. Shoot me an email if you have any more questions. jalbright@saleen.com

Thank you
Jess
Old 03-31-2010
Administrator

I agree Jess! Though I believe I was/am being civil.

As an everyday individual, I'm removed... much like you. As someone that is an enthusiast and partakes in the Saleen Hobby, I don't think it's out-of-line to state as an organization, SOEC is standing back with regards to recognizing the 2010-Current MJA/SPV vehicle offerings.

Until the courts speak, it's the safest thing to do for all parties.
Old 03-31-2010
Account with Invalid Email

Well said Jess,

Like the new Saleen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Albright View Post
I have been trying to stay civil you guys Dave, but here you have a forum member that has a pretty simple question about something he is interested in and you have to throw in your comments and say that you guys don't talk about it here. If you and Jim choose not to partake in the conversation someone starts, thats fine. But don't try to dictate every thread or conversation that is started here. That's not the way a public forum is supposed to work.

Dennis,

We did start production just over a week ago. 5 cars are nearing completion, other than the hood which we are having a few issues with. Hopefully by the end of this week those issues will be resolved and the cars will be finished and shipping will be arranged. Design and engineering work for the 5.0 supercharger is pretty much complete and now the only thing we are waiting on is Ford to release the calibration tables for the new stuff (Don't know timetable on this yet). Details about the 2011 will be released soon since all the 2010's that we can build are sold due to shortage of chassis's from Ford. Thank you for your interest in the car, since you are local here to us I would be more than willing to let you take one for a ride when they are complete. Shoot me an email if you have any more questions. jalbright@saleen.com

Thank you
Jess
06Saleen E (#86)
Old 03-31-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

If you dont mind driving to San Diego in one I would like a ride as well
Old 03-31-2010
Inactive Account

Ok, Dave and Jess said there piece, can we move back to the subject for those here who are interested in the SPV 2010 car.
Old 03-31-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
the 2011 will be released soon since all the 2010's that we can build are sold due to shortage of chassis's from Ford.
Jess, there is NO shortage of 2010 Ford GT mustang chassis's! The ford FMC dealer locater is flush with dealer inventory, Galpin Ford is showing over 40 2010 Mustang GT 5 speed base coupes alone. These chassis's can be bought for (Memo) the same price that Roush, SMS and Saleen could purchase from FMC.
Tom
Old 03-31-2010
Saleen Staff Users

Tom,

Our remaining order of 2010 chassis's from Ford (60) were all balanced out to 2011 orders. That is what I am referring to. I am well aware that there are chassis's out there on dealer lots, not as many as you think with spoiler delete, premium interior package, and the emission code that is required though. The last time we checked there were approx 65 in the country with the correct specs. Most all of them are in the possession of Van Tuyl which they acquired from Roush. We did inquire into getting some of these and they wanted quite a bit over invoice for them. What you have to figure in also is we then have to pay to have them transported from Arizona, California, or wherever they may be to Michigan. So it is not economical to chase after these cars.

Thank you
Jess
Old 03-31-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Tom,

Our remaining order of 2010 chassis's from Ford (60) were all balanced out to 2011 orders. That is what I am referring to. I am well aware that there are chassis's out there on dealer lots, not as many as you think with spoiler delete, premium interior package, and the emission code that is required though. The last time we checked there were approx 65 in the country with the correct specs. Most all of them are in the possession of Van Tuyl which they acquired from Roush. We did inquire into getting some of these and they wanted quite a bit over invoice for them. What you have to figure in also is we then have to pay to have them transported from Arizona, California, or wherever they may be to Michigan. So it is not economical to chase after these cars.

Thank you
Jess
Jess, I just ran another locate for 2010 rapid spec 400A spoiler delete 13D and 3.73 rear axle 67T
There are pages and pages of inventory all around the country that meets the requirements of your base chassis needs! Dealers desperately need to unload the aging 2010 units to get ready for the 2011 Mustang.
So it sounds funny that you are posting you can't get more Mustangs to convert.
I have been locating and drop shipping Mustang chassis's for Saleen and Roush for NINE years! so your quote makes no sense to me.

Tom
Old 03-31-2010
Saleen Staff Users

Tom,

Why are you even arguing with me on this Tom? What do you have against me saying that we are not going on a witch hunt for cars? That is something Saleen, Roush, or has ever done. We order through our pooling dealer. The fact is we were told we can't get any more 2010's. We can search all over the US and find some, but we would have to bake the cost of the extra shipping it back across the country into the car.
Tom, this isn't my dept anyway, you know Mike Timarac, maybe you should take up your dispute with him since it is his responsibility.

Maybe now we can get back on topic.

Thank you
Jess
Old 03-31-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Tom,

Why are you even arguing with me on this Tom? What do you have against me saying that we are not going on a witch hunt for cars? That is something Saleen, Roush, or has ever done. We order through our pooling dealer. The fact is we were told we can't get any more 2010's. We can search all over the US and find some, but we would have to bake the cost of the extra shipping it back across the country into the car.
Tom, this isn't my dept anyway, you know Mike Timarac, maybe you should take up your dispute with him since it is his responsibility.

Maybe now we can get back on topic.

Thank you
Jess
I'm not arguing with you I'm correcting you!
Have a great day
Tom
Old 03-31-2010
Saleen Staff Users

Timarac is well aware of those chassis's that you are talking about. Start calling on some of those vehicles that you found, you will find that many of those are already converted to Roush cars. I have the same list as you right in front of me now. But since now I know that you are a locating service we will contact you next time.

Thank you for correcting me though Tom.
Jess
Old 03-31-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Timarac is well aware of those chassis's that you are talking about. Start calling on some of those vehicles that you found, you will find that many of those are already converted to Roush cars. I have the same list as you right in front of me now. But since now I know that you are a locating service we will contact you next time.

Thank you for correcting me though Tom.
Jess
No problem, how many orders do you have waiting for chassis's?
Old 03-31-2010
Saleen Staff Users

Tom,

You now as well as I do, we wouldn't take an order without being able to get a chassis. We sold the vehicles we had in stock, a couple dealers sent us cars from their lot, and a couple others drop shipped before the order bank was closed. Talk to Timarac and see if he has any needs at this point.

Thank you
Jess
Old 03-31-2010
Administrator

Tom & Jess had a slow day at the office.
Old 04-04-2010
SOEC Member

This late in the game, I would think we would be waiting for the 11's. Maybe we should change the thread to "Information on the 2011 Saleen Mustang?" I can't wait to hear more on these beasts...
Old 04-05-2010
SOEC Member

I wish all this anti-SPV stuff would stop. Jess is an excellent resource that I don't think we want to push away from participating on this site..just my opinion..

BMW 528i

SOLD---2006 S281SC #712
Old 04-05-2010
Administrator

Jess Albright is always welcome to partake on the site.