The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name Michigan-built cars from 2010-2012 with the Saleen name. These vehicles do not have tech or parts support by Saleen Automotive in California.

Old 02-26-2014
SOEC Member

Default Seeking info: 11-0003 302 coupe

2011 #03 White hardtop VIN 1ZV8P8CF9B5131806 for sale locally and I am curious of it history.

Any and all would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliioct14 View Post
2011 #03 White hardtop VIN 1ZV8P8CF9B5131806 for sale locally and I am curious of it history.

yup I know her! A Saleen rep drove her to the 7th Annual Saleen Nationals in 2010. a few lucky ones, including myself got to test drive it too! it was awesome. I have a video too. this was a Saleen demo/promo car. I have a few pics of it.
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 02-26-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Yes, that is the car from the 2010 SCOA Nationals held at OCC.

I was one of the lucky ones that got to drive that car.

I don't know all the details about the demo history, but know it was driven by a Regional Saleen Rep as a way to promote the new car.

It was a BEAUTIFUL and a great driving car...but I haven't seen it or heard anything about it since that event.

1999 S281-SC Speedster
#008 - Laser Red

1985 Hatchback
#127 - White & Gold
Old 02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrodzeller View Post
Yes, that is the car from the 2010 SCOA Nationals held at OCC.

I was one of the lucky ones that got to drive that car.

I don't know all the details about the demo history, but know it was driven by a Regional Saleen Rep as a way to promote the new car.

It was a BEAUTIFUL and a great driving car...but I haven't seen it or heard anything about it since that event.
Tony!
that was fun! it was a great time! looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
good to hear from you again.

Melvin
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 02-26-2014
Administrator

The seat covers and door panel inserts differ from regular production 2010-12 model produced in Michigan.
Old 02-27-2014

Storm trooper!
Old 02-28-2014

Dave,

You seem to be part of the Saleen administration. I have a question for you. Is this a car that Saleen produces replacement parts for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The seat covers and door panel inserts differ from regular production 2010-12 model produced in Michigan.
Old 03-02-2014

I think you need to ask the "Saleen Experts" here if Saleen would manufacture replacement parts for it.
I asked Dave about 2 days ago and no response. This is something that would be as easy as a yes or no kind of thing, but maybe a more responsible person from the Saleen admn. maybe able to answer. At least I recommend you find out from a responsive individual. It's a very important thing to know the answer if I were you.

Quote:

Old 03-02-2014
Administrator

No. Saleen Automotive has no plans to offer replacement parts for vehicles produced by MJA and Revstone from model years 2010 through 2012.

With this said, Alternative Automotive, the company that produced these vehicles for MJA/Revstone appear to offer replacement exterior parts, as needed, by request.
Old 03-02-2014
SOEC Member

You need to give Dave a break. He has other things to do and he does all this in his spare time and out of the goodness of his heart. If you do a thread search, you'll see this topic has come up before and has been answered a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o6Saleen E View Post
I think you need to ask the "Saleen Experts" here if Saleen would manufacture replacement parts for it.
I asked Dave about 2 days ago and no response. This is something that would be as easy as a yes or no kind of thing, but maybe a more responsible person from the Saleen admn. maybe able to answer. At least I recommend you find out from a responsive individual. It's a very important thing to know the answer if I were you.
Old 03-20-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Talking parts?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by o6Saleen E View Post
What parts do you think might need replacing? The wheels, the interior badges, the Saleen stickers? www.saleen.com has speedlab where some parts are avialable but I still don't know what parts might need to be replaced. It is a mustang so maybe Ford might have some parts?
Old 03-20-2014
SOEC Member

No worries on parts everyone- I have all the sources in place. Because I am in the "Motor City" were both my saleens were proudly built!! I have access to all the suppliers ( or at least the one that are not ****ed at how they were treated and unpaid), I have sourced the out with SPEEDLAB and should have a truly Authentic SALEEN. With no word back from SALEEN California to even say I am sorry we are unable to authenticate I am able to deduct the following 1 - They Don't Care for Michigan made cars. 2 - They are unable to run a respectable business with the dignity to respond. and 3 - I know don't care and that my friends is the worst.
Old 03-20-2014

Quote:
No worries on parts everyone- I have all the sources in place. Because I am in the "Motor City" were both my saleens were proudly built!! I have access to all the suppliers ( or at least the one that are not ****ed at how they were treated and unpaid), I have sourced the out with SPEEDLAB and should have a truly Authentic SALEEN. With no word back from SALEEN California to even say I am sorry we are unable to authenticate I am able to deduct the following 1 - They Don't Care for Michigan made cars. 2 - They are unable to run a respectable business with the dignity to respond. and 3 - I know don't care and that my friends is the worst.
I agree with the California based SMS/Saleen company. It is almost sad how they run it. I got a window banner from them and it was for the wrong car. I sent an e mail telling them about ti and no response except the sent me the correct one a week later. I liked that but the response was a bit "lacks". I do have a number for a saleen employee that was very helpful and responsive. PM me if you need it.

Still love the car and it is awesome to have a pretty rare car, although the Saleen KGB will not release production numbers :) Top secret stuff you know!
Old 03-20-2014
SOEC Member

O yeah - I don't diss the cars , they are gorgeous but how they run a business is awe full, I wonder going forward the relationship with ford and how this will play out. I have found some great sources here for most everything needed for Michigan built vehicles and have put together a list and contacts. All the best enjoy the ride !!
Old 03-20-2014
SOEC Member

I hnestly don't get you guys. I don't know how you could hold Saleen/SMS responsible for the production numbers and parts for a car they did not build. You might as well call them and ask them for Roush's production numbers and parts for their cars.
Old 03-23-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
I hnestly don't get you guys. I don't know how you could hold Saleen/SMS responsible for the production numbers and parts for a car they did not build. You might as well call them and ask them for Roush's production numbers and parts for their cars.
Correct. Though, you are being too logical with your deduction.

With the vehicle above, I mentioned to Mike offline Saleen Automotive in Corona CA does not have production records for the 2010-12 Michigan produced cars "before" he purchased MJ 11-0003. He acknowledged this point and contacted a party in MI to access the information he desired.

Why Saleen then was contacted after purchased for verification is beyond me or an expectation of an LOA or similar document.

In general, if Saleen Automotive does not want to recognize or support Michigan produced vehicles from 2010-2012 it is their prerogative to do so. The historical stance was MJA/Revstone had no legal right, authority or ownership to offer a new "Saleen" vehicle.

"If" 2010-2012 Michigan vehicle records and accounts were excluded from material given back to Saleen, owners of these vehicles should ask, "why were our records not given to Saleen?"
Old 03-24-2014
SOEC Member

This sounds prommising- if I can help in anyway gaining the records needed I would be more than happy to help. I currently have the build sheet and of course on this vehicle the background will prove challenging somewhat being it was an R/D car. Thanks for all your efforts Dave!!
Old 03-24-2014

Quote:
I honestly don't get you guys. I don't know how you could hold Saleen responsible for the production numbers and parts for a car they did not build. You might as well call them and ask them for Jack Roush's production numbers and parts for their cars.

My comment was only about SMS, not Saleen without Steve saleen in MI. I figure Steve will take care of those cars, since he said he would, and parts are parts. Nothing really "Special" on any Saleen or SMS cars besides badging. All the parts Steve adds are either from a current manufacturer of after market parts or if he has an exclusive part he does offer it on his speedlab online store. I am not trying to be harsh since I bought one of his cars, I am just being honest that he (steve Saleen) runs his business different then I might and or what some folks would like. For instance; why does he not publish or acknowledge how many SMS mustangs he built in 2011 or 2012? He gives production numbers for earlier years? Could it be the number is so low he is embarressed? I don't know but I have spoken to 3 people at SMS/Saleen and no one knows the production numbers! One guy said it would be out this year 2014, one gal said she would call me back with that info. Never did. So my guess is that there are less then 50 units in 2011 and I bet not many more in 2012+. Now, on the positive side, Steve must impress Ford with his designs since it looks like Ford takes a lot of Ques from his designs. I think the 2015 Mustang took many styling ques from Steve's cars.

Getting off my soap box now :)
Old 03-24-2014
SOEC Member

I have been trying to keep track of the 2010+ SMS/Saleen cars and it looks like 2013/2014 the production numbers have gone up. I think the numbers have been posted for 2011 on here somewhere, at least to the best of knowledge available. The LOA I recieved only covered Black Label cars. My comment was only on info on the MJ cars and not directed to any individual on the forum. It is definitly an awkward situation.
Old 03-24-2014
SOEC Member

Right on!! we are all on the same team just trying to do right for all - now and going forward.
Old 03-24-2014

Smile

Quote:
I have been trying to keep track of the 2010+ SMS/Saleen cars and it looks like 2013/2014 the production numbers have gone up. I think the numbers have been posted for 2011 on here somewhere, at least to the best of knowledge available. The LOA I received only covered Black Label cars. My comment was only on info on the MJ cars and not directed to any individual on the forum. It is definitely an awkward situation.

No worries mate! It takes more then that to crank me up :) Plus written words can be read in so many different ways. I think it might have something to do with the mode you are in when you read those words. Anyway all good here!