The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-17-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Seeking any info on 91-0057

Hello,
I recently purchased 91-0057. It is a twilight blue hatchback with titanium gray interior. It has been in NC all of its live except for one owner in upstate SC. I just picked it up from the owner that had it since 2013. Original seats were taken out and sold along with the shift knob and lower chassis brace. Just trying to find out any info from a past owner or any specifics outside of the Saleen book.
Thank you!
Old 11-19-2021
Administrator

Optional equipment were 3.55 gears and radar detector. Sent to Ciener Woods Ford.

One of 5 Twilight Blue 1991 Saleen Mustangs.

Of these five:

1 - 2-door coupe
1 - Convertible
3 - 3-door hatchbacks

Of the three hatchbacks, two were standard models (non SC).

You probably have the final Twilight Blue paint 1991 Saleen Mustang produced.
Old 11-20-2021

Dave,

Thank you for the info, that is very helpful. I live in North Carolina and was curious where the car started out at. So it looks like it has been in NC all its life even from the dealership. Im trying to find what color Flofit seats were in it originally. It has titanium gray interior. The original seats are gone. I contacted Spring at Saleen to get more information about it. Saleen just says titanium gray. Saleen says the car is supposed to have silver stripes. I was also told that the silver stripes were actually charcoal gray.
Old 11-20-2021
Administrator

The standard color cloth FloFit seats in 1990 and 1991 are grey. These grey seats do not match the titanium Ford interior plastics.

Whether you purchased a titanium interior or black interior Ford Mustang for Saleen conversion, both received the same grey cloth FloFits.

The standard color for the optional leather Saleen FloFits were tu-tone dark gray and titanium. Same applies, these seats were installed in both the titanium and the black interior cars.

There are exceptions. Some of the SC cars have tu-tone cloth seats that match the Ford interior, some people ordered solid color leather FloFits, etc.

Yes, the silver side stripes are charcoal.
Old 11-20-2021

Thank you for the additional info. Would this be a pretty close charcoal color? I know lightning plays a large effect on it.
Attached Thumbnails
9B13679F-16DC-4F9E-906E-5812EC4E74AD.jpg  

B4D292A2-4FEB-4151-B3E9-0A7A90F3C021.jpg  

Old 11-20-2021
Administrator

This looks dark to me.

You need a color between silver and charcoal.
Old 11-21-2021

Thanks again Dave! In 1991 did they have the Ford Motorsport decal in the quarter glasses? If so was it the tradition straight lettering in Motorsport or angled lettering?
Old 11-21-2021

One other item, if I'm understanding correctly 1991 could have the two piece wing or the one piece? Or were they all two piece?
Old 11-21-2021
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
Thanks again Dave! In 1991 did they have the Ford Motorsport decal in the quarter glasses? If so was it the tradition straight lettering in Motorsport or angled lettering?
1988 was the final year for the Ford Motorsport decal on quarter glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
One other item, if I'm understanding correctly 1991 could have the two piece wing or the one piece? Or were they all two piece?
All of the 1990 and 1991 hatchbacks have the two piece rear wing.
Old 11-21-2021

Thank you for your knowledge and assistance! I will be on the lookout for a rear wing, but I don't think I will have much luck finding one due to their rarity.
Old 11-24-2021

I have come across several photos of 91 Saleens with the one piece wing. Any reason that there would be a mix of wings in 91? Here is one.....
Attached Thumbnails
B2C76B63-65E0-4407-8E9C-6AF27FAA0867.jpg  

Old 11-24-2021
SOEC Member

The car you pictured was remanufactured by Saleen to look like a 92/93. As Dave said all 90/91 have the two piece wing sir
Old 11-24-2021

Thank you! I can't verify why the two piece was changed and had the other installed. Part of me says leave it, part of me wants to change it.