The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2014 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2014 Saleen Mustang For the SN10 platform California-built 2010 SMS 460 and 460X, the 2011-12 SMS 302, and 2013-14 Saleen 4V, SC, SSC and 351.
All Label cars (White Yellow, Black). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-25-2015
SOEC Member

Angry Q: Tire pressure issue?

Any one else having issues with tire pressure, I keep getting a low tire pressure warning light. Last time it was the right front tire, took it in and it was leaking around the inside of the wheel, the tech said that there was some corrosion on the inside of the wheel causing it to leak. He removed the tire cleaned it up and it was good for about 6 weeks, now it is low again!
Old 03-25-2015
Administrator

What is the corrosion? Did the tech explain? These wheels are coated in paint that offer a chrome-like appearance.

If the dealer cannot fix, make an appointment to take your vehicle to Corona for a review of the wheel and/or replacement.
Old 03-25-2015
SOEC Member

Not sure he just pointed out where the bubbles were coming out on the back side of the wheel while it was dunked in a water tank, they broke the wheel down and cleaned the inside where the tire and wheel meet/seal and it has been ok for the past six weeks are so. Was just at ford last night and the tire pressure was ok, then this am the warning light came back on just as I was pulling to the parking lot at work!
Old 03-25-2015
SOEC Member

Dave,

DO you have a # for me to call to make an appointment?

Thanks

Jim
Old 03-25-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Don't overlook the rudely simple. I had a slow leaker recently, then it turned into a quicker leaker via a screw. I read the notes on the diagnostic bubbles-good call, though be sure something else hasn't occurred.
Old 03-25-2015
SOEC Member

Yep we looked it over good looking for a screw or nail, and then dunked it in the water tank, will take it back again and see if it is leaking in the same place, just put a gauge on it and it was down to 24 PSI same tire front right!
Old 03-26-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone View Post
Dave,

DO you have a # for me to call to make an appointment?

Thanks

Jim
Ask John (user: Werecow) for his company contact when he has work done @ Saleen.
Old 03-26-2015
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave, PM sent.
Old 03-27-2015
SOEC Member

Just had the tire/wheel checked again and it is leaking from the same area Guys at the tire shop said the wheel may need to be replaced are resurfaced so it will seal correctly.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone View Post
Just had the tire/wheel checked again and it is leaking from the same area Guys at the tire shop said the wheel may need to be replaced are resurfaced so it will seal correctly.
Life is filled with inconveniences. Seek a new wheel and move forward.

I purchased a new Ford Focus. Not only did my four tires last less than 21,000 miles... one had a constant leak and two wore grossly uneven. For those 21,000 miles I allowed the dealer to maintain the rotation schedule while I monitored air pressure. For the uneven wear I had a realignment done to hopefully save some life in the OE tires without success. Regardless, the end result was me ordering new tires from WalMart and less inconveniences at the dealer reviewing my crappy OE tires.
Old 03-27-2015
SOEC Member

Yep but these are Saleen painted wheels, I am sure I will have to pay a premium to replace one!
Attached Thumbnails
20 Inch Wheel.JPG  

Old 03-27-2015
SOEC Member

Well just spoke with Shawn at Saleen and he said to take it back to a Ford dealer and have them take a look at it. If they (Ford) confirm that there is a problem with the wheel then Saleen will replace it under warranty!