The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-16-2009
SOEC Member

Default Trouble codes, what causes these codes?

Recently my car has had a small surge at low RPM. I can't seem to figure out what it is. I've tried adjusting the spark with noavail. Frustrated but luckily I have scheduled a dyno run/tune for the 8th of May.

Today I decided to just check to see if there was any diagnotic codes. I am not sure how long it has been throwing these codes but I was surprised to find:
P0133 O2 Curcuit slow
P1000 ODB Test incomplete

Any idea what's going on?
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 04-16-2009
SOEC Member

I found this document to reference...I think I just have a bad tank of gas. Or maybe the octane level is too low for my set up. The Germans say it is equivilent to 93 octane....

I am going to try a different type of octane boost when I fill up tomorrow. Hopefully that will fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Engine CODE SUMMARY.doc (205.0 KB, 38 views)
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 04-19-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

has the car been sitting for awhile?

how many miles on the car?

O2 circuit is most likely faulty O2 sensor.
Old 04-19-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

while we do live in europe as well;
try to take BP ultimate or shell/Texaco upgraded fuels, these cars run super on the BP.
don't go to the cheaper gas stations, they usually have inferior quality,and yes 98 octane is the same as 93 octane.

hennie
Old 04-19-2009
SOEC Member

I have to get my fuel from ESSO. That is where I get my fuel rations from.

Well the car sat for about 2 months while it was on the ship but I have been through 3-4 tanks of fuel since I picked it up. It just went over 13K miles.

I cleared the codes a couple of days ago and it hasn't come back on yet.

Of note, I have messed around with the tune a little and got a little detonation but moved the settings back to where I started. Could that have casued the codes?

Thanks for the help.
#06-409
Old 04-19-2009

I think that would have caused it.BTW, if you happen to have an automatic, make sure you'll add another cooler, i have gone htough a handfull of tranniesthe last 15 years.... mostly due to high speeds for longer periods.
have you hit the topspeed yet? if so what was it?, best speed I have made was 290KPU with a 07 GT500 conv , but it wan't at it's end so there's more to explore......

Hennie
Old 04-19-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennie View Post
I think that would have caused it.BTW, if you happen to have an automatic, make sure you'll add another cooler, i have gone htough a handfull of tranniesthe last 15 years.... mostly due to high speeds for longer periods.
have you hit the topspeed yet? if so what was it?, best speed I have made was 290KPU with a 07 GT500 conv , but it wan't at it's end so there's more to explore......

Hennie
I have a MT. Thanks.
Holy crap that is fast. I have only made it up to 217 KPH. That's as fast as I (notice "I") can handle right now...
#06-409
Old 04-19-2009

yeah you'll have to pick the right stretch at the right time.
around 200kpu is easily to do at a lot of autobahn stretches( although there are more and more restrictions coming these days).
make sure you only try it at the 3 lane parts, or in the middle of the night at the 2 lane roads, you don't want a slow truck or passenger car coming in your lane with a 140km/90mph speed difference

Hennie