The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 05-06-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Drip, drip, drip...

OK boys and girls here is a new one for you. How many of you will hyper low mileage PJ's have "issues" with their diff's leaking/seeping etc.? I found mine doing so when I put here up on my hoist after a brief run..I think it is the synthetic lub I'm using possibly eating away at the seal..lol.
Old 05-06-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCanada View Post
OK boys and girls here is a new one for you. How many of you will hyper low mileage PJ's have "issues" with their diff's leaking/seeping etc.? I found mine doing so when I put here up on my hoist after a brief run..I think it is the synthetic lub I'm using possibly eating away at the seal..lol.
When my H302 with Watts link was delivered, which is basically the same setup as the PJ, it was doing the same thing. I re-torqued the bolts holding the diff cover and it slowed down. After further inspection I found it was coming out of the fill cap on the diff cover. A little teflon tape and the drip disappeared.

Good Luck!
'Coot
Old 05-06-2009
SOEC Member

2 years and 10k miles....no leaks/seep of any kind
Old 05-06-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Same as George above, no leaks. However, only have 3,500 miles in 28 months.
Super Shaker PJ #39 (RW 483HP / 464TQ)
'05 Thunderbird - Inca Gold 1 of 82
'03 Thunderbird - Torch Red
'13 BOSS 302 - School Bus Yellow
with Trackey Option & Seat Delete
Old 05-07-2009

5400 miles. No leaks.
Old 05-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Same as George above, no leaks. However, only have 3,500 miles in 28 months.

125 miles a month average Bruce?! Im not sure if thats even as much as a round trip to Mustangs Unlimited and back!

If for some crazy reason you decide to sell you PJ you know who to call!
Old 05-07-2009

Well Steve you lived in NE and you know specialty cars like the PJ sit in garages for 5 months a year without ever coming out to play. It has rained here for the last three weekends.
To Mustangs Unlimited and back is about 230 miles and we will do that in June and Sptember.
Old 05-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Well Steve you lived in NE and you know specialty cars like the PJ sit in garages for 5 months a year without ever coming out to play. It has rained here for the last three weekends.
To Mustangs Unlimited and back is about 230 miles and we will do that in June and Sptember.
You've done that trip 3-4 times, is it safe to say that those shows attribute to the bulk of your milage?!
Old 05-07-2009
Administrator

Bruce also has the Thunderbirds to drive.

The Inca Gold one sound neat! My favorite is the Mint Green with a white hardtop, white/charcoal interior and chrome wheels.

So anyway... dripping diffs, huh?
Old 05-07-2009

No Steve only about a 1/3 of the miles. It take better than 1/2 to equal bulk of, but you knew that, right?

Now here is where I stick my head in a noose. The '03 is 6 years old in July and just broke 14K. The '05 Inca. also a July Bird has less than 4K and in '06 it went to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA.
Old 05-09-2009
Suspended Account

2,300 miles on mine and no issues. Haven't even changed the oil yet. Going to do an oil change considering it's the same oil from the factory. Good thread to note.
Old 05-11-2009

Thanks for all of the response guys..better than a double blind study on prostate cancer! As far as torgue goes..I have retorked everything on my car that I can accurately know or "get" specs for..the engine replacement of course meant my drivetrain was given a thorough going over anyway. I believe it is the synthetics I am running in my diff..possibly eating away at the seal..I am sea level and and am meticulous with my maintenance and this vehicle is not being "pushed" whatsoever so..hmm.. I am not having any other leaks or seeping from the Canton pan, tranny etc. etc. Anyway thanks again..please let me know if anything does develop.
Old 05-11-2009
SOEC Member

Do you ever bring your ride down south? I would like to see what you have done if you ever come down to the Bellingham area.
Old 07-14-2009

Default miles and leaks

I have 3100 miles and no leaks. I plan to start driving it more and enjoying it. I really do not see the need to keep it garaged so much as I have in the past.
Old 07-16-2009
SOEC Member

Although I do not have a PJ; my H281 went in for a H302SC overhaul 3-2008 including the watts link rear. I have about 3800 miles on it without any leaks over 2 summers (stored winters in a non-heated unit)...373 rear gear...all Saleen factory (Troy, MI facility).