The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-08-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Where to find: Chicane 66mm pulley?

I cant find this pulley anywhere. The chicane 66mm pulley. Anyone know where I can purchase this? Also, I guess I have to upgrade my fuel injectors and fuel pump too. I was thinking the Ford Racing 39lb injectors or do I need bigger ones? Also, which fuel pump should I get? SVT Focus? Where can I get the pump at? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

The Pulley Boys may be able to help you.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Joe Chicane designed this pulley. He has passed away, and his company is no longer in existence. You can do a search to see the circumstances of his passing.
Old 05-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyberSaint View Post
The Pulley Boys may be able to help you.
Sweet I think I found one on there, thanks. Do I need a smaller belt now? This is what I found.

http://www.pulleyboys.com/store/prod...2&cat=0&page=1
Old 05-08-2014

Quote:
Joe Chicane designed this pulley. He has passed away, and his company is no longer in existence. You can do a search to see the circumstances of his passing.
Yeah I actually just read that. Sad, very sad. He did a lot for the mustang community. Sucks I didn't know much about him till now.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

If you get a 66mm pulley then yes you need a tighter belt. I can't remember what size since it's been so long but someone on here can tell you.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 05-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
If you get a 66mm pulley then yes you need a tighter belt. I can't remember what size since it's been so long but someone on here can tell you.
Where did you get your fuel pump at?
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

The next question is, are you going to use the MoSaleen tensioner pulley? This pulley will help reduce belt slippage on the pulley during aggressive throttle position ;). It actually wraps the belt around the pulley about 1/4 turn more. I'll get the Gatorback Belt numbers for the 66mm pulley for you in a little while.
Old 05-08-2014

Quote:
The next question is, are you going to use the MoSaleen tensioner pulley? This pulley will help reduce belt slippage on the pulley during aggressive throttle position ;). It actually wraps the belt around the pulley about 1/4 turn more. I'll get the Gatorback Belt numbers for the 66mm pulley for you in a little while.

yep on the list
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

You may want to do this whole set-up at the same time. The SC pulley, the tensioner, and the belt. I would HIGHLY recommend a custom SCT tune. You should not change your SC pulley with out one. To do your tune you will need to purchase a hand held tuner.

Syber

Last edited by SyberSaint; 05-08-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

by the way...i think if i remember correctly the belt size is 112.

I got the fuel pump from buyfordracing.com

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
TorkTech Intake
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
Old 05-08-2014

Quote:
You may want to do this whole set-up at the same time. The SC pulley, the tensioner, and the belt. I would HIGHLY recommend a custom SCT tune. You should not change your SC pulley with out one. To do your tune you will need purchase a hand held tuner.

Syber
Yeah I know. Im getting a tune soon and trying to do it at once. I'm grabbing a MAF, TB, Mosaleen pulley system, LFP Heat exchanger, 21 CP Intercooler upgrade. Probably wont be adding the pulley, fuel injectors and fuel pump because of budget but just want to know exactly what to get for later. I know stock belt size is 113" for my 2000 Saleen but not sure on the 66mm pulley size one. Thanks for checking on that for me.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Most go with the Lightening 90 mm MAF with the matching 42 lb injectors.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Got this from MoSaleen (Scott). If you have the stock S/C pulley you will run
4061125 Goodyear Gatorback belt. If you have the 66 mm S/C pulley run 4061120 same brand.

Last edited by SyberSaint; 05-08-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Some also use the the Tunable Induction 100mm. You can do your research and make the best decision as to what you want.
Old 05-08-2014

Quote:
Got this from MoSaleen (Scott). If you have the stock S/C pulley you will run
4061125 Goodyear Gatorback belt. If you have the 66 mm S/C pulley run 4061120 same brand.

Awesome thanks for that info. Not real familiar with the pulleys but I found this http://www.pulleyboys.com/store/prod...2&cat=0&page=1 for the pulley. Just don't know what size to get. Are the chicane's 2.6? Or is it just a matter of your opinion on what size to get?
Old 05-08-2014

another thing. I cant find 42lb injectors anywhere. Especially ford racing ones. They stop making them?
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

I got my 42lb injectors and 90mm maf used. I went on a Ford Lightning forum and searched their classifieds section. Those are stock parts for them and so when they go to mod their trucks it's the first thing to go.

you used to be able to get them a lot cheaper than new...but i have no idea these days.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
TorkTech Intake
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

As far as the pulley on the SC snout, 66mm = 2.6. I would call them and ask them if their pulley will work on your particular series of of SC. You many also want to snag a puller from them. As far as injectors, you can use any 42lb one. Type in a google search for "42lbs 4.6 injectors". You will get a bunch of hits. Maybe someone here on the forum can chime in on a solid product. They all pretty much do the same thing, so unless your into big racing, any of them would probably serve you well.
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
I got my 42lb injectors and 90mm maf used. I went on a Ford Lightning forum and searched their classifieds section. Those are stock parts for them and so when they go to mod their trucks it's the first thing to go.

you used to be able to get them a lot cheaper than new...but i have no idea these days.
Good point Eviligloo... :)
Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbev77 View Post
Yeah I know. Im getting a tune soon and trying to do it at once. I'm grabbing a MAF, TB, Mosaleen pulley system, LFP Heat exchanger, 21 CP Intercooler upgrade. Probably wont be adding the pulley, fuel injectors and fuel pump because of budget but just want to know exactly what to get for later. I know stock belt size is 113" for my 2000 Saleen but not sure on the 66mm pulley size one. Thanks for checking on that for me.
As far as the heat exchanger, Tom at 21st Century Performance also has them. Theirs has all of the FACTORY hookup points for your Saleen intercooler fans. No modifications needed. The intercooler, and heat exchanger that 21st Century sell are the Chicane designed products from back in the day. I think he bought the rights to produce and sell them.
Old 05-09-2014

Hmm didn't know 21 CP sells the heat exchangers too. Awesome, I will get both from them. On the pulley I was told to only go one size smaller, because if I go to small it will produce too much heat. Each size pulley size will require a different size serp belt or? I was thinking to just go 2.9 since stock is 3.0. When I think about it, is one size even going to do anything?
Old 05-09-2014
SOEC Member

As far as the pulley, all I know is that the 66mm was sold by Joe for years with alot of success.