The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: OEM Saleen hood vents?

Anyone know where you can pick up both sides? Saleen is out on one side and I really don't want carbon fiber not only because I don't have any other carbon fiber on the car, I like original and carbon is too much $$$$.
Old 03-31-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Saleenperformance.com $90 per vent.
Old 03-31-2019

They only have passenger side in stock.
Old 04-01-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

try brenspeed.com they show that they have both sides for the same cost as saleen performance does.
Old 04-01-2019

When you click on link they show out. Checked a few days ago. I really cannot believe a part that costs probably $20 to make wholesale can be so hard to find. What does everyone else do, fabricate one??? This is the reason I don't like owning a Saleen and really the only one. Parts are never in or hard to come by. Crazy. Thanks for replying though.
Old 04-02-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

I share your pain. We just have to keep checking on ebay from time to time, in hopes that a used one will pop up. The downside of having a vehicle that is relatively unique.
Old 04-02-2019

I called Saleen parts yesterday and also ordered the passenger side since that's in. Driver side is supposed to be in, but told to check back 4-8 weeks. No email notification will be sent out when stock for driver side is in though. I wish they would have that type of system and inform those waiting.

On a side note, I'm going to modify the new ones and do like other have. The idea I had, similar to others is to use a small rubber hose and cover the existing plastic pegs or whatever you want to call them that allow the screws to insert from under the hood. Robert Assink had a good idea with modifying the existing with the hose if a peg broke off already. Either way, there are ways around it to modify the plastic pegs that break over time. I'll get the small hose to cover the new pegs and leave a little of the hose at end against hood so there is cushion or even a rubber washer. Anything is better then plastic against the hood with heat, hood closing, etc.

Have a good one.
Old 04-03-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

It's very frustrating that vendors do not keep their web sites up to date when showing that they have the parts in stock (when they really DONT). Maybe they do this on purpose. I had an impossible time trying to locate the "supercharged" emblems that go beneath the 281 emblems. Various vendors showed them in stock, charged my card, and then nothing. A month later I called, and they all say they are on backorder with no guess as to arrival time. Finally had to use slightly different replicas. Wheel center caps are nearly impossible to find, though there are a few that sell for $100 each! I finally made my own with caps I ordered from China, and decals from a local vendor. I had to superglue the screw posts on my hood vents. They were loose when I bought it, but fortunately I could still repair them. Kudos to you, for getting creative.
Old 05-24-2019

I have a pair to sell
two of the screw posts are wide open, but still can be screwed in
Old 06-18-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

We made our aluminum version that solved these issues, but we discontinued them due to low sales.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 05-15-2022
SOEC Member

Hi friends,

I'm looking for the both side of Saleen hood vents. If someone have these parts on store, I can't found on web site...
Old 09-04-2022
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default 05-09 Saleen SC original hood vents

SOLD, SOLD, SOLDI have a used set I was going to put on Facebook Marketplace and Ebay for $200. Unless someone wants them off of here?
Attached Thumbnails
E7BA8954-10F8-4EF0-8FCB-B66A49BBA495.jpg  

26222949-963A-4E74-8F76-98FF9C11CBB4.jpg  

C2B2967F-1D7E-44CA-A327-1786B8EF50E0.jpg  

Last edited by purevnm; 09-07-2022 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Pictures added