View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 Mineral Grey S281 View Post
I can certianly respect the gentleman who have said " A Saleen is not a Saleen without Steve Saleen" if that is the way you feel go buy an SMS Mustang. As for the rest of the people who feel other ways, they will want to educate themselves on what is being offered in the broader scope and make an informed decision based on the facts and not name recognition. As far as I am concerned and I am not looking for an arguement about this, the BEST SALEEN MUSTANG that was ever produced are the 302E cars and I hate to tell you something--- Steve Saleen had already left when they were produced.
You would have to realize that the 2008 302 Extreme cars were already conceived and in the incubator by the time the 2007 PJ car and its 302 had been created. While the PJ was to be the only 302 vehicle in 2007 to pay a homage to Parnelli as well as ensure the exclusivity of the 302 in the lineup, adding the 302 to others in the lineup in 2008 was the next step in the evolution of that generation of Saleen Mustangs. In other words, don't think that Steve didn't have anything to do with the 302E when the foundation and the plans were already established, because that's not the case.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC: