View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013
Account with Invalid Email

700hp at the crank....?

If it's known at the crank it can be known at the tires, so how much at the tires?
Ford, when released the trinity 5.8L said that the car came with 663 Hp at the crank and 11% of power train losses BEFORE they went ahead and sent the units to their customers (that GT500 5.8L comes with 590rwhp out of the factory). Is this car 700hp at the crank, with a 20% or 25% power train losses? Is there any fear to release the info, so people don't start comparing the performance of the new Trinity with the Saleen 351? Plasma technology. Is that the old 2011-2012 5.4L stroked to 5.8L?, if so it is not a Trinity, then correct?

It seems that there's a big mystery. There's a lot of talk about the car, but no detailed info on the engine and its supercharger, only that it is a 351ci engine (stroked 5.4L?). When Shelby or Roush releases a car they provide specs, engine compression, platform details of the engine, supercharger offered, talk in specifics about the rotary assembly, components, etc. If it's a Ford engine, they will say it and will indicate the type of Ford platform it came with, trinity, coyote or whatever, etc. What compression is that Engine? I hear it has a Saleen blower, but it ain't no Saleen blower, but a Kenne Bell blower with a Saleen plate attached to it, well at least that's what that Orange Car has (nothing wrong about Kenne Bell by the way). Or is it being said Saleen S/C, but has a Kenne Bell, but nobody is supposed to know about it until is decided what blower will be in it?

I, will be buying a 5.8L sometime soon, but will certainly be making my decision based on the information that I know and get from the factory and the questions that I have being answered. I think it would be worthwhile sharing those details, it would generate some attention with factual information to people that are willing to spend over $90k-$100k on a car.