View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by H281#1 View Post
Hi,
I am new to the Forum. I just purchased car #1 of the H281 model. I still have not picked up the car yet it is in NC. I want to send it directly to Speedlab in Troy to have it converted to 475hp. Can you guys give me some input on this decission? I can have the work done locally cheaper, but I think it would be cool to have Saleen upgrade the car before delivery ( I might help with value , down the line?). I was suprised the car was still avalible considering it was car #1. The only thing that I can think is that it was only 330hp, what do you guys think?
First, welcome to the Saleen Forums @ SOEC!

I think I can recall seeing 07-0001 H281 on that auction site known as Ebay. Dealer listing. Neat car!

I don't know if low serial number make a car worth more, but its neat to have. The single digits and double digits are a novelty. Same goes for stuff like 123, 321, 666, 777, 100, etc etc.

I also don't know if 07-0001 H281 was a white preproduction H car that became serialized or a fresh, white, GT coupe.

Having the work completed at Saleen Inc should give you Saleen logo receipts to add to the documentation of #01. In addition to the install being completed by folks who do these everyday and maybe a warranty (I don't remember much about the warranty, seems someone most always says something different).

The 2007 H281s were not a barnburner or maybe they were in shadow of the leftover PJs. I thought they were a neat car. You figure they didn't carry the plastic and heavy 20s like the base S281. Less of a boulevard cruiser more of a purposeful, performance car. Since they didn't produce the expected amount, in addition to few people taking notice, and dealers discounting them... these will probably be a neat car to keep mint... since they'll probably be a "what ever happened to" Saleen Vehicle. Like the Ranger SporTrucks.