SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacettr View Post
MJ Mustang = Saleen
Steve Saleen = SMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Only if the faithful accept is as such.

Nope. FACT is that the brand owned by MJA = SALEEN, and thus is the brand name.

Steve Saleen's new company (the one he hasn't left high and dry) = SMS, and thus is the brand name.

If it appeals to the masses, then the car is not special. If the car is not special... why bother to even start. If the 2010 is half the car when compared to a pre-2010... leads more credence to it being a bogus attempt to answer a question no one is asking.

COMPLETELY disagree. It should appeal to the masses, but not be obtainable by the masses.

A Ferrari appeals to the masses, but not everyone can own one...

That's the idea of these cars. Fantasyland. If you're not pushing the edge. Why bother. Cheap product with a SALEEN tag mounted to it is just that. Cheap product.

True for ANY product (IMO Roush makes a "cheap" product); although IMO the 435S is EXACTLY what it is intended to be and is truer to the original "spirit" of a Saleen than say an E...

At this stage CS is a dog and pony show. FMC drags him out, does some press, and puts him back in his box. With the 2007 GT500 Ford knew how to market the a re-badged SVT Cobra into a signature series car. It wasn't a Shelby GT500 promoted by Dan Gurney. People bought the marketing.

Agree 101%...
Quote:
Not really. He was a ruthless business man, who had a brief racing career, and was in the right place, in the right time, with the right idea at the dawn of the 1960s.

He didn't race his creations and he didn't build his creations. The Mustangs were forced upon him and the revamped GT was Ford's billion dollar out-sourced project.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

The SMS 570 and 460 indicate to me... that Phil Frank & SS are thinking outside the box... with these limited edition, cohesive, imaginative, performance vehicles. Fantasyland is rockin'.
They indicate to me that they only came up with one idea and applied it to the Mustang AFTER they applied it to the Challenger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoS281 View Post
I see. I was hoping they researched which gears would compliment the setup the best. I've seen when 3.55 gears made for better acceleration when compared to 3.73's or 4.10's.

Quote:
I don't own a stake in either. Doesn't make a difference to me who does what on a new car sales/offering standpoint.

By offering a new product, by a new company with a familiar name with a selection of carryover parts... MJA bought visibility in the marketplace.

Since SMS Supercars follows the traditions set by he vehicles produced by Saleen Autosport and Saleen Performance, with this fleet of historical performance products behind them aided by a Phil Frank penned design... it's the natural winner and heir to the legacy.
Someone sold out their legacy IMO.
07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List