View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Well IMO, the 2010 "Saleen" is not a Saleen at all. It does nothing for me. It actually reminds me of the Roush cars from around the mid to late 90's with just stick on front air dams, some wheels and some stickers except the "Saleen" will have more HP over the stock car unlike Roush did back then for several years.

If this is what MJA has planned for the future of the "Saleen", they better do a much better job then that. You figure, they would have to crash test the 2010 several times to completely replace the bumpers and that is why they are not doing that. It would cost them way too much $$$ to do so and being basically and brand new start up company they don't have the funds for that.... that is my thinking of the cheap way around that by just putting a front lower air dam on the car. The side and rear are factory. I think it would have been in there best interest to do it right the first time especially following in the footsteps of the previous car and secured funding to do the testing and modify the car more then what they have planned.

Now sure, you might be paying money for the engine workups for the "Saleen" but you could do something to a stock GT for alot less and prob be faster anyways.

As for Dealer network or rework, I think MJA already had shot themselves in the foot when they took over some of the old "Saleen" and said nope, not going to continue to warranty all the current cars that have warranty. Then Steve did it right in coming out and saying, I will pickup the warranty claims on those cars.

I think SMS will come out on top since it seems to me that Steve is doing it right from the start and MJA did the complete opposite from the start and all current owners of Saleens that had warranty have a sour taste in there mouth regarding the current owners of some parts of the old "Saleen".

SOEC Member and Supporter