View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Opinions

You are correct everyone's entitled to their own opinion. For me when the time comes and I am not sure if that will be 2010 and I buy a new car, I will purchase a car not on whose name is on the side, windshield or bumpers. I will purchase the car that best suits what I want, and I look into a lot of variables - price, styling, performance and handling, and overall best bang for the buck. I only purchased the Saleen I have now not because Steve Saleen had his hands in my engine bay (which I know he didn't) or because he signed my dash ( which he hasn't ). I bought my Saleen because I got an unbelievable deal on my car. That does not detract from the car. It is an awesome car ( eye appeal , performance and handling etc.) but if prices on these cars had remained high which I always felt Saleens in general were very high priced, I would never had purchased one.
I am one of a lucky few who purchased one at the right time and boy is this the right time. Not only did I get a monster deal on my car, the parts that are floating around on the forum sites, E-Bay and privately makes it very easy and I might add, inexpensive to go out and purchase a 3V S281 and turn it into a Saleen Mustang Supercar. It is unbelieveable what parts are out there if you have the saavy to find them. I am not a rich man, so I will never go out and buy one of these high priced special edition Saleens ( Dark Horse, Sterling Edition or 302 E) But having the knowledge I have attained about these cars and I'm not saying I'm an expert you can put one of these together (special edition Saleens) for a lot less than it costs to buy one ( a whole lot less!). So what, my badge says S281 on it and not 302E. If my car has the 302E forged engine, the big S/C, the 6speed trans. and 4.10 rear..... same car, different badging and 10's of thousands less money! And to the purists... IT IS STILL A SALEEN!