View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentguy View Post
so.. I guess It's how fast can you afford to go upgrades. I gotcha.

To quote many racers....ya gotta pay if ya wanna play. Wait, maybe thats what prostitutes say, not racers, I cant remember.

SaleenKS, you can remove the JDM kit and take it in for warranty work. Just remember to put the tune back to stock also. Then, everything is fine. I actually asked Saleen why they didnt incorporate JDM's kit from the factory. They refused to answer. I asked in a public forum, in an email, and on the phone. I got the run around. Are you familiar with the magnusson-moss act? Basically, it says that a warranty cannot be voided if there are aftermarket performance parts on a vehicle, unless the damage in question was caused by the aftermarket part. As I said, however, these engineers they send in for a major warranty claim investigation have a way of determining that your "mod" caused the problem.

Example: We all know that many Ford lightnings were prone to spitting out spark plugs from their head....even in stock form. However, lets say someone adds 4psi to their engines and a great tune...then the plug blows out. The warranty claim, in some cases, is denied because you modified your vehicle. (ask me how I know this.)

These trucks are great, but 90% of them should never have made it out of Saleen with all of their problems. The performance output is WAY inflated. The engine is rated at 450hp, but, I think, most of these trucks dyno at 340ish stock. Thats about a 25% powertrain loss. SOME of those horses can be gained back by simply putting the pinion angle back to where it should be.