View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I just reread this post and I am thoroughly confused.

The high price of the kit was held in honor to Saleen? So, this is a Saleen kit or a JDM Engineering kit? If its a Saleen kit, that means, no warranty issues? Saleen dictated this price...the price of an aftermarket company's kit...and now they are saying its ok to lower the price?

The kit pictured shows the billet elbow (I believe). But, the kit comes with a plastic or rubber one now? So, that high dollar billet piece is gone?..and some people paid full price...and got the plastic pieces...when you were advertising the billet pieces?

I do not see any other high dollar parts than those posted in another thread...except for some brackets?? I know they cost money, but on some kits, they are just not needed...offering savings to the customer.

Jim...by saying "The kit is proven and no one can offer as much advice and or experience with these trucks as we can. There is no other proven package available like ours and it can’t be compared simply on price alone..." Is a ridiculous remark.

Im sorry, but I have to call you out on that. After speaking to you and speaking to Troyer, hands down, I know where my money is going. When I inquired about a tune, you didnt provide me with half the info that Troyer did. Additionally, I emailed and called several times to get an update for my tune...and got no response. However, as soon as I inquired about a price on something, I immediately got an email back in just a few hours.

Saying there is no other proven package on the market like yours is an outlandish remark. There are several trucks out there running the Troyer package (and several that are switching FROM your package the the Troyer package and syaing they wish they had done that in the first place) that has made at least the same amount of HP as your kit...some even more. There are three things being compared here (two are objective, one is subjective)....price, appearance, and performance. Your kit loses on the price aspect, drastically (objective). The performance aspect is the same as, or slightly worse than Troyer (objective). Appearance, being that it is subjective, is up to the owner. Some like shiny, bling pieces, others like a stock look. There is no definitive winner here when it comes to appearance.

Jim, there is no doubt that you know what you are doing with these trucks. But to make the comments that you have below, and that I quoted above, are just ridiculous. I am not being a cheerleader for any performance shop, and my intent is not to slam anyone. However, there are some things that just need to be set straight. Lastly, I didnt see much info that you offered regarding your kit or these trucks until everyone started talking about the Troyer kit. Maybe I just missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM
We have come under some criticism lately as to the price of our upgrade package, I just want everyone to know that the price was held in honor to Saleen for as long as it did. We are now changing our relationship status with them and we can change the price ourselves. I’m going to investigate and see what we can offer as a better price to the public. But our kit is more expensive because it comes with some very high dollar parts. We even took the initiative to create instructions on DVD so you can sit and watch the installation before you attempt yours! The kit is proven and no one can offer as much advice and or experience with these trucks as we can. There is no other proven package available like ours and it can’t be compared simply on price alone.

**note that there is no hearsay in this thread.

Last edited by Light02atl; 12-08-2008 at 01:18 PM.