View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDanimal View Post
Gosh, Dave, I don't think so at all!! The PJ is special. Totally different direction from the stock Saleen/SMS cars. It's a tribute after all and since Parnelli kicked some **** in a series that limited displacement to 302 in the BOSS302, it was just a terrific tribute car. Don't think it dulls the new 302 one bit. After all they are two totally different engines.
For me it does. I was a huge fan of the 2005 S197 Mustang when they debuted and had vague thoughts of a 2006 Vista Blue GT coupe way back. I'm also a huge fan of vintage Mustangs (and vintage automobiles in general), so the PJ doesn't make me dream for a 2011 5-Liter GT. Not a fan of the OE 2010-Present Ford styling. The PJ pulls like a freight train, sounds like a monster, gathers more attention than I know what to do with, and it's a Steve Saleen/ Phil Frank product.

My interest in vintage Mustangs go back to the mid-80s while my late-model following takes fire with the introduction of the 1987 GT and my Saleen bug starts with the 87-0001 press car and 1987 championship season with the General Tire SS/GT cars. The 1989 SSC made we buy every magazine and calender I could find that featured a photo. I feel comfortable knowing what a Saleen Vehicle is and what it's not.

Like all Mustangs, I respect the 2011 5-Liter, but have no interest in attaining one. Some could say an OE 1988 GT is faster or better than my '85. Or a '11 GT is quicker than a '07 PJ... but I've always felt every vehicle has a packaged personality, some speak to you... while others less so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDanimal View Post
What '85 did you have?
I have a solid top GT. Purchased in 09/1996 with 46,466 miles. Sits under a car cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumSTW3 View Post
...what happened to the "butterflies" on the hood? Is that coming back in the upgraded models, maybe as an option...
The Red Butterflies are an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponypinoy View Post
Plus the Kona Blue SMS Mustang reminded me of my old 2001 True Blue Saleen
Ben, you need to place an order.

Last edited by Dave; 04-16-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Merge Posts.