View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by S174 View Post
Loaded Dyno I'd say maybe 360. I wish I had all the $$$ back trying to get HP out of my Series II.
I had fun with it though - Add part dyno tune, add part dyno tune, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
If you are just looking for pure numbers, yeah, throwing money at the Series II could be better spent elsewhere. However, if you are looking to get the most of a stock appearing engine... what else can you do? Just have to live with the fact that the Series II is limited.
Exactly - Wanting to remain OEM Saleen as possible and the thrill of squeezing so much out of that little s/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Everyone is optimistic when they start and then are disappointed with the results. It's loosing battle as the increased air temps rob the power the boost brings. These blowers are small and very inefficient, especially when you throw in the cooling problems that comes with these cars.

Most see 330. 350 and up is an accomplishment or as S174 stated, it takes a forgiving dyno...on a cool day...on the first pass.
Considering the Saleen numbers are inflated on the S281's. Mine dyno'd at 289 all stock before I started modding. Thats a 76hp loss which is rediculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_MineralGrayS281 View Post
Im not trying to get my hopes up lol. My t56 gave out last night at one of our car meets so the dyno tune is going to be rescheduled, got stuck in 4th gear.

350 rwhp is all im aiming for. Not too much to ask with full bolt ons cams and a tad bit more compression no?

Hopefully someone is interested in buying the kit after I post it for sale
Good luck man - I think you should be around your goal. Meth or e85 with a s/c port you would see 400