View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_ExtrmRnbw View Post
I always wondered about this color.

To be honest, the front bumper on my rainbow was repaired and completely repainted. One would know if I didn't tell them. Then again, it is multiple colors so possibly it is slightly easier than a single, custom and difficult color--if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
What you are actually seeing is a photography/lighting effect.

The hood and bumper of Molly's #07-01 SC were indeed repainted after the Great American Run, but the fender was not painted or blended in. Though the paint does not match that well, that's not what you're seeing in the photo.

Plus the Molly Pop is not a "chameleon" paint if I recall correctly.

Oh I know it isn't a chameleon, I think I was trying to reference the above quote from ExtrmRnbw when I mentioned blending chameleons, but messed up. Mollypop looks more like a tri-stage candy, or possibly candy base coat.

I agree that the color being off is likely due to the camera, but a camera doesn't put things in there that do not exist- but it can easily amplify what might not be easily picked up by the untrained naked eye. Looks like the color was close, but enough to throw off the metamerism at the angle the pic was taken. Your eye would naturally be attracted to the seam where the body panels meet, which is why blending is so important anyway. I have seen some cars that looked fantastic... spot on color match. And yet when you take off the fuel door and hold it to the front fender, the colors are very much off.

Incidentally, sorry for the late reply.