View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009
Account with Invalid Email

Default What do I see in the photos?

I see a beautifull SALEEN!
A real SALEEN and the best looking thing as far as 2010 mustang body.
And yes I call it a SALEEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
Hopefully we can pick up again with the S281 discussion.

While there are 25 years of Saleen vehicles that have been touched by Steve, it certainly must be impossible to put ones feet in his shoes and decide what 2010 successor should look like or feel like or behave.

Certainly it can be debated whether or not MJ deserves to call their new vehicle a Saleen -- whether it be in a court of law, or in the court of public opinion. Neither of which we may have a decision on for years to come.

There are those who believe if this 2010 Mustang says "Saleen" it is a Saleen. There are others who believe if a 2010 Mustang is a Saleen, it must say "SMS." There are some that are somewhere in the middle.

It's a fact that is undeniable.

I'm not talking about me, and I'm not talking about SOEC... I'm talking about longtime owners and longtime enthusiasts alike -- people I've talked to, and people who have posted here -- the opinions are all over the landscape.

However, I believe Dave's got a point in saying the S7 is the only "real" Saleen in the photos. At least it's more a Saleen than even a 2005 S281 Mustang or a 2007 PJ, as it's the only one that has been physically touched by Steve from top to bottom, and not starting with a platform from Ford. Though the comment can be perceived as part of the debate mentioned above.

But that's not what this thread is about... so let's keep it to the thread topic... and let's not get into a debate. And should someone want to debate what appears to be the most controversial topic of the year, go ahead and start another thread on that topic specifically and have at it.

Thank you.

So... what do you think about what you see in the photos?

06Saleen E (#86)