View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Opinions

Dave, I respect the opinions you have on different prior topics but you have your opinions and I have mine. That's what makes the world go round. I just find that although this is a Saleen Forum that a lot of times there is bias toward anyone that does not believe Steve Saleen is god. I feel that as long as everyone stays civil and tries to speak his or her own opinions other members can get good info. Dave, I do not know your history with Mr. Saleen but it does sound like there is something there. If there is, well sorry if I get you upset personally, but I have differing views than you. I also have been around Ford's and racing my whole life. There probably hasn't been too many older Mustangs I have not owned over the many years I have been wrenching and driving America's favorite ponycar. Maybe the Saleen experience is not for me because at times I feel that the way people buy Saleen's is to pay a lot of money and have them built already or at least that is the perception I am getting. Hmmm... Spend a whole lot of money ( modding a car) when I can use the same parts and do it myself and enjoy the car more because I built it. I have owned a 70 Boss 302 for 28 years now and have turned every bolt on that car and that is what I am most proud of.. I did all the work on that car. If you can't do things yourself ,hey it's great to have the Saleen's and Shelby's out there but, nothing is like using your own creativity and workmanship.