View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Best Saleen Mustang

If you scroll down the thread I had originally stated Best Saleen Mustang just to clarify, somehow that got convoluted. Dave I am in agreement in some ways with you. Yes SS was a great marketer and his company ( with all his employees built a good car ). I would withhold the term great because only time tells certian things. But as far as present marketing strategies concerning MJ, I think you could be off the mark. The money is no object days of the nineties and early 2000 years is a bygone era. SS had the time of his life during these years, but they are over. No more throwing money around at cars like drunken sailors simply because the money is not there anymore. Any shrewd car company that is marketing its wares is looking to build a great car at a lower price, any company that isn't, is living in fantasyland. Yes, there as SS coined it, will always be a "few" but money and company viability is not based on a few, ask Mr. Shelby. So to build a car that appeals to the masses and is reasonably priced- could be the trick of the week.