View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

We had bought a truck last year from Wisconsin (bad idea due to the snow/salt, but that’s another story lol) and from what I recall we didn’t need to have a ref inspection (just regular smog check/test). Did the shop say why you needed a ref inspection? Was it just due to not being able to find the carb #? I guess it can also be that things have changed.

From what I have heard the inspection is free and the smog certification is like $10.

Scheduling an appointment with the referee can be a little tough as it can take some time to get someone on the phone to setup the appointment and they only have the calendar available about a month at a time. At least that was the case during Covid and before things became more relaxed/open in CA.

I recommend you print out the link in the previous post and any other info you have/can find as well to have handy for any time you have to smog. Unfortunately, CA is getting stricter so it will make things easier for you to be prepared and either keep things stock or at least keep the stock parts to avoid headaches to try and find them later.

Here is a link to the install guide for that supercharger as well.

https://www.soec.org/manuals/superch...ng/064-100.pdf