The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Help: Emissions NOT READY status!!! (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=14379)

pj#472 01-03-2013 10:11 PM

Help: Emissions NOT READY status!!!

Hello all,

anyone have issues with their PJ showing NOT READY on the 4 emissions sensors........

Catalyst
EVAP System
O2 Sensor
Heated O2

Pretty sure it's in the tune since JDM turns off the O2 with the high flow cats......

Anyone else have this problem?

Werecow 01-06-2013 10:52 AM

Has the battery been disconnected? If so, you may just need to drive it for about 20 miles.

Michaelt55 01-02-2021 11:16 PM

Emissions NOT READY

yes, I had the same problem, would not pass emissions. Had to Take it to Hennessey to due the tune to pass the emissions. Lets see how it does this year.

Anyone have any answers?? Mine is the Super Shaker version.

jrcalvin 01-04-2021 02:59 PM

Hennessy should have checked to see if your "Supershaker Tune" ,which probably has the PJ Supershaker 3.6 SC pulley, has the CATS turned off in your 'Supershaker Tune". The 4 CATS need to be "turned on" or operating to avoid a "Not Ready" code. Hopefully, after turning the CATS back on, a FORD "Drive Cycle: should allow the "Not Ready" code to be cleared .

Michaelt55 01-05-2021 08:30 PM

so how does one "turn on" the 4 O2 sensors? Is it the just the custom tune? So I need to get a custom tune from Brenspeed or someone else who knows these cars?

Michaelt55 02-07-2021 04:29 PM

Emissions NOT READY

well, its inspection time, I am guessing they turned everything on to pass and then reverted to the old tune. I cant pass inspection, so I need to see if they have a permanent answer to this issue, as I dont want to pay $840+ each year to get my registration renewed.....Guess I can go back to Brenspeed, spend that money there instead of my watts link/torque arm. Any one knwo anyone in Houston that does good custum tunes? I am trying Peitz if I cannot get Hennessey to help out.

jrcalvin 02-08-2021 12:30 PM

Michael, I sent to a detailed email about getting the correct Brenspeed tune for your PJ. Do not waste any more money on local tuners. Brenspeed can get it all done my email. etc. Brenspeed has a Texas location in Cedar Hill, south of Dallas but it can all be done via email.

Michaelt55 02-11-2021 02:18 PM

John;

I talked to Doug and we went thru the motions of getting an SCT tuner. Its on it way. They were hesitate to use your info but eventually had to as the PCM sticker was not there and the fuel pump booster was not in the trunk.

The tuner is on its way, thank you. Oh, by the way, the Brenspeed in Texas was closed in 2016. I wish it were still there as I would make the trip to have them go over the car and do some things.

Michaelt55 02-27-2021 10:33 PM

emissions passed after using SCT Tuner from Brenspeed.

well, after I switched the tunes on the car to the one brenspeed sent me, the car passed easily after replacing the gas cap and doing a brief run cycle...

Anyone else with the same issues, I recommend Brenspeed.

jrcalvin 02-28-2021 01:09 PM

Good News Michael. Brenspeed has been a great source for me.