The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Q: How to verify an authentic Racecraft? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16289)

Phil in OKC 10-19-2013 12:58 PM

Q: How to verify an authentic Racecraft?

Let me also ask how to determine if a car is a "real" racecraft, or just a GT with Racecraft badging. Thanks

Jim D. 10-19-2013 05:37 PM

Provide the VIN and we'll verify it for you with our connection at Saleen.

Or by referencing at the original window sticker or other original sale documentation (emphasis on original)... if they are available.

There are indeed records on the Racecraft vehicles built, including order dates and ship dates... they just weren't serialized.

Dave 10-22-2013 10:59 PM

The Racecraft embroidered headrests, horn emblem and the exterior decal package are the only two exterior identifiers that were not on the open market.

The gauge overlay, shift knob, wheels, center caps, fender emblems, rear spoiler and front chin were all available.

As Jim said, Saleen Automobiles in CA can tell you whats-what if you provide the VIN.

beamncoke04 12-10-2013 03:52 PM

Phil, are u talking about my old black car? The 09?

Phil in OKC 12-10-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamncoke04 (Post 114830)
Phil, are u talking about my old black car? The 09?

No. I was looking at a grabber orange on ebay a month or so ago, and I kept seeing it advertised in two different physical locations. Seemed suspicious at the time. Was your black car the one on the lot in Norman OK?

Jim D. 12-11-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil in OKC (Post 114843)
No. I was looking at a grabber orange on ebay a month or so ago, and I kept seeing it advertised in two different physical locations. Seemed suspicious at the time. Was your black car the one on the lot in Norman OK?

With the VIN we could have checked on it for you, but I don't see it on ebay any longer.

I was a little surprised to find out they did build at least 4 Grabber Orange Racecraft 420 cars out of nearly 100 total.

Phil in OKC 12-11-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim D. (Post 114883)
With the VIN we could have checked on it for you, but I don't see it on ebay any longer.

I was a little surprised to find out they did build at least 4 Grabber Orange Racecraft 420 cars out of nearly 100 total.

I did send you the VIN in a PM Jim and you checked on it for me. Thanks

beamncoke04 12-12-2013 12:24 PM

Ya Phil, mine was the one for sale in Norman or Moore. They deleted the hood graphics. Think it sat out in the sun too long. I wonder who bought it? I miss that one. I bought and built a black 2013 5.0 trying to replicate the feeling. (Heads, cams, roush blower, etc.) and it's hell on wheels, but it doesn't have the character of the racecraft. If it still runs even half as good as it did, someone got a heck of a car!!

beamncoke04 12-12-2013 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Old school and new school