The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2005-2009 Saleen Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Q: Should I sell a Saleen in Tampa? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=23227)

Tirefriar 06-11-2021 12:57 AM

Q: Should I sell a Saleen in Tampa?

How strong is the market for Saleen in Florida? Tampa in particular...

Damageln 07-24-2021 11:53 PM

Looking to buy or sell?

Tirefriar 07-25-2021 02:41 AM

Maybe relocating there in about 6 months, trying to figure out if I should bring my ‘06 n/a with or sell in California

Damageln 08-02-2021 12:05 AM

There are a couple of us who own them here. Not many people seem to care in trying obtain one, I've tried selling mine a couple times at a fair price with no success. Most people are on the coyote band wagon, or chasing Shelby's

Tirefriar 08-03-2021 11:06 PM

Strange, I’d have thought there’s a stronger demand.

kss113 08-11-2021 09:11 PM

Bring it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirefriar (Post 151893)
Strange, I’d have thought there’s a stronger demand.

I'm in Charlotte. The east coast is more about the Jack Rouch not Saleen, but I love my 07 Saleen because there is nothing that looks as good. A Shelby is a Shelby and everyone has one, just like a vet. Very recognizable. And I don't like the Rouch body kit. I show my car at local car shows all the time. But both cars are rare to see on the east coast. If you like your car, you like getting the looks while driving, you like sometimes talking to people about it. I'd keep it. I think you could very easily sell it and get asking price. My 2 cents.:smile:

Tirefriar 08-12-2021 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kss113 (Post 151918)
everyone has one, just like a vet. Very recognizable.

Funny you mention a Vette, im considering a Z06…

My 06-0869 has just a hair under 100k miles. I’m the second owner and have service records from day one. I’m torn whether I should keep it or sell it and move on to the Vette. Saleen market in California is pretty strong, mine would be one of the reasonable priced S197 Saleen on the local market.

Doesn’t sound like it will make sense to transport it to Florida unless I decide to keep it. Thanks for the input….

Jamesmcga 09-11-2021 01:20 PM

How much are you asking?

Tirefriar 09-12-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesmcga (Post 152024)
How much are you asking?

If I was going to sell, $15k. I’m the second owner, service records from Day 1, bought new at Galpin Ford and still serviced there.

Reason for the “IF” is it’s such a great cat that I’d have to look for reasons to sell it. Originally I was considering getting a 996 Porsche but the prices of those have gotten to the point where it doesn’t make much sense to give up a Saleen for a 996. Then the move to FL got me thinking about lightening up my load. However, looking at the market today I can’t find anything remotely cool for the same money.