The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Proud new owner of #399 Parnelli/Saleen Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=23292)

jeffthebuilder 08-19-2021 05:19 PM

Proud new owner of #399 Parnelli/Saleen Mustang

Hi all,

I just purchased #399 off Ebay. Price was $36,000 and it has 1721 miles on it. I have been wanting to buy one of these for a number of years and so excited to finally own one. It is a wonderful match for my '70 BOSS 302 (my high school car back in '81). I do not have plans on driving it very often due to the low miles, but when I do I don't want any surprises. I have read on other places that some areas of the suspension are prone to have problems (?). Any advice on potential problem areas of this car is much appreciated! Thx
Jeff

Dave 08-19-2021 06:03 PM

Does your car have the Saleen watts-link TSB parts installed?

jeffthebuilder 08-19-2021 06:54 PM

Hi Dave,
I have not even seen the car, it was in North Carolina and now on a transport and headed to my home here in WA State. Supposed to be here this weekend. I am assuming it is 100% stock. I did see on the Carfax the airbag recall was completed, I do not know anymore than that.

dennard25 08-20-2021 12:12 AM

Congrats, Jeff. Share some welcome home photos when you can.

olecoot 08-20-2021 09:23 AM

Congratulations! Enjoy!

jeffthebuilder 08-26-2021 07:47 PM

Okay, my car arrived on Saturday. I have not seen one in person until I bought this one, they are so cool!! The sellers described it as showroom condition and that was very accurate, it looks (and smells) brand new. The only flaw I can find is two hairline cracks on shaker trim ring. It still has factory protective plastic covering on steering wheel and floor mats. However, the transporter scraped the front chin spoiler as he loaded it. Has anyone found an aftermarket version that fits these cars?
Also, as soon as I figure out how to post a few pics I will do that.
Jeff

Dave 08-26-2021 10:45 PM

Hi Jeff.

The front spoiler is an obsolete Saleen item. No aftermarket version exists.

Most of these cars have a crack (or two, or three, or four) in the trim ring.

Enjoy.

Aussie-Parnelli 08-27-2021 04:05 AM

Congratulations Jeff you are going to love the car.
Just enjoy the car, the way the world is going who knows when some idiot bans petrol or makes it that expensive these cars will become memories
I am fortunate to still have a 1000 mile car and one we use often with almost 38,000 miles on it
If you can get a photo of the watts link post it so I can tell if it has been upgraded.
There were some chin spoilers advertised recently from the Heritage series whilst not identical very similar

Tony

Specracer 08-27-2021 10:25 AM

Congrats on the car!

You either have to host them elsewhere and embed the link, Or downsize the pictures. I use MS paint for this and shrink them to something like 600x800 pixels. This will make them small enough to upload here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffthebuilder (Post 151964)
Also, as soon as I figure out how to post a few pics I will do that.

jeffthebuilder 08-27-2021 04:20 PM

I found a possible replacement for my chin spoiler. Sharing in case this might be helpful to others. It is made by Trufiber/Trucarbon and supposedly only fits the Saleen models from '05 to '09. Pics look nice, very spendy though, about $1,000 delivered. It is called the LG67, and part # TC10024-LG67. Found it on Mrbodykit.com and Stangmods.com
Anyone here try one of these out?

Aussie-Parnelli 08-27-2021 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been running a Tru Fibre hood on my '06 for about 13 years great quality and no issues.
I also run a full AR Racing carbon fibre splitter

Aussie-Parnelli 08-27-2021 11:36 PM

I have been running a Tru Fibre hood on my '06 for about 13 years great quality and no issues.
I also run a full AR Racing carbon fibre splitter

Dave 08-28-2021 08:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
One of the items in the Saleen Watts-Link TSB is this black coated rear frame rail support bar.

If you have this bar installed, then your car most likely had the TSB service performance.

We just did my TSB service two weekends ago. I've had the parts for 11 years, just never did it until recently.

jeffthebuilder 08-30-2021 01:19 PM

Thanks Dave, no my car does not have that black support bar. Ok, what do I do now?

jeffthebuilder 08-31-2021 01:17 PM

Thanks Dave, no my car does not have that black support bar. Ok, what do I do now?